Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm

So I heard that Marcia Wallace passed away which is sad. She is of course known for her role as Mrs Krabappel on the Simpsons. It's just that I'm probally gonna be a little saddened whenever I watch an episode with her in it. Also there is a certain joke I must bring up. The episode where Lisa falls in love with Nelson and he sings that funny song about the teacher being dead and barbacuing her head and flushing her head down the potty. In my mind it's still funny but is it funny now that she's passed on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm

Sad, very sad ... at least Mrs. Krabappel finally got married, even if it was to Ned Flanders.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:06 am

She must have gotten sick and she couldn't work anymore, so The Simpsons had to retire her character. Ah, so that's the character who is out of the show.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:19 pm

Ned's wife dies again? Poor Ned. everybody he marries dies.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 5:13 pm

I wonder if her character will die in the show.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 5:18 pm

From what I understand, the producers and writers are just going to let the character "fade away quietly", out of respect for the actress.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 7:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
From what I understand, the producers and writers are just going to let the character "fade away quietly", out of respect for the actress.

you mean like Troy McClure and Lionel Huts?(Phil Hartman)

they just vanished and nobody said a thing about it on the show.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 4:46 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
Fnord wrote:

you mean like Troy McClure and Lionel Huts?(Phil Hartman)

they just vanished and nobody said a thing about it on the show.

On the other hand Maude Flanders was killed off when the actress who did her voice decided to quit the show, so either that or Krabappel will just disappear. I hope they don't do it that way. I hate it when a character just disappears and no one ever mentions them again. It's like they were never there. I hope they at least give an explanation.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

spoiler wrote:
At the end of last Sunday's episode, it showed a little Marcia Wallace tribute with Mrs. Krabappel doing her laugh

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2013, 3:58 am

From what I heard personally, Marcia's poor health was something the Simpsons writers and producers had known about for a long time and from what I understand of it, the writers were planning to have Edna retire from teaching sometime in now-confirmed Season 26.

It was just sheer coincidence that Marcia unfortunately passed away just before Four Regrettings and a Funeral was due to air in the US and all that marketing for "the death of a Springfield regular" may appear to be in poor taste to the uninitiated... or something, I don't want to stray too far down iconoclastic paths of thinking.

Anyway, to not spoil it for those who haven't seen the episode yet, I'll say: the actual death itself was simply the 'real man' behind Duffman; but I know that's because Hank Azaria (or is it Harry Shearer, I always get those two mixed up) said publicly he's not keen on doing his voice anymore, it's too much of a strain on the throat. I won't be surprised Otto and Moe make less appearances in future as they're equally as raspy. Who knows, they may just go the same way as Dr Marvin Monroe... And there we go.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 5:43 am

I read about that on the internet already.

I also read about how the Simpsons is going to be killing off a character soon. Or has that happened already? If so, who is it? That's one of the things I don't mind being spoiled.

I thought it might be the teacher when I saw the mention of "retiring" her character. But then that means Ned would be widow(er)ed for a second time. And also, which teacher would Bart have to get mad at him if she is the one who dies?

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 2:00 pm

Now only if they can put the whole show out of it's misery. It hasn't been good since the 90's.

Diagnosed in 2005