Absolutely 41%  41%  [ 17 ]
Absolutely Not 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Undecided 46%  46%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 41

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

I love these movies but I think maybe they should leave them where they are and although a new set of movies might be awesome, I not quite sure if I want the saga to continue. But 2015 is a long way away so I might have changed my mind by then.

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2012, 8:21 pm

Absolutely. With George Lucas no longer directing, these might actually be good.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 8:45 pm

If its gonna be the thrawn trilogy I am definitely on the bandwagon XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

Heh... Disney wanted John Carter to be the new Star Wars. When that.... didn't work, I guess they decided to splurge on the real thing.

Personally, I don't care. I haven't seen a lot of the new Star Wars stuff (including the last 2 and 1/2 movies). If they make good movies with interesting stories, I'll watch. If not, I won't.

To sum up, meh...

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm

Isnt the story after episode VI already written?
I hope they do not change the original concept of star wars and keep the spirit.
Difficult times are about to come. stay alert we must!

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2012, 4:17 am

Personally, what I'd like to see is for them to go back and re-do the prequels so they aren't crap.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 9:33 am

You can be sure that they will continue to push the envelope with the CGI. Bet its going to be fantastic!

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2012, 10:28 am

I'd like to see a Knights of the Old Republic movie.

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2012, 10:49 am

DominictheStampede wrote:
I'd like to see a Knights of the Old Republic movie.

This. x1000. :lol:

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

I'll just be happy if they ever re-release the originals WITHOUT all the Special Edition junk.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:35 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:
You can be sure that they will continue to push the envelope with the CGI. Bet its going to be fantastic!

For the actual characters though, I would prefer if they went back to practical make-up effects instead of CGI. Which is one reason I would love to see Guillermo Del Toro direct a Star Wars film. Look at the stuff that he did with the Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth, and think back to the original Star Wars cantina scene. He'd be perfect for directing Star Wars, and do so without involving entirely CGI characters.

CGI is just better used for anything that isn't organic looking or for anything in the background that the main characters aren't interacting with. Sure CGI has improved since the prequel trilogy, I'd still prefer they scale it back some.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2012, 3:56 pm

Six movies and the Expanded Universe is more than enough for me, but I'll give the new movies a chance.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:

I like good specials effects but to me the problem with the newer Star Wars movies was that they had great style, they looked amazing, but there just wasn't much substance there.

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

I think the Star Wars universe has an infinite number of stories to tell, but if I like the stories or how they're told... I won't know until I see for myself.

I loved the first 3 movies (Han Solo, Luke, Princess Leia), and hated the next 3 (annoying kid Annakin, annoying adult charisma-less Annakin, Jar Jar Binks). They had the opposite problem. The first 3 I thought had great characters/substance and the special effects are dated while the new Stars Wars movies look fantastic and might be worth watching for that alone, but the characters, the writing, they just suck. For example, Amidala is a warrior princess of sorts but how does she die...? It was so out of character, incomprehensible. And there were so many other issues. Yuck. It's gets me ticked off just to talk about it.

Could be the new Star Wars movies are good, then again they could just do them as if there were assembly line made. That would not be good, probably.

kirostun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2012, 8:41 pm

limping2victory wrote:
For example, Amidala is a warrior princess of sorts but how does she die...?

well i think, she lost the will to live, the man she loved not just turned to the dark side, he force choke her, i mean, anakin was like, i dont even care about you. everything we had together, my babies, f*** all that. Thats how i see it.

Anyways I think we should see the new movies, then criticize.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 1:16 am

kirostun wrote:
limping2victory wrote:
For example, Amidala is a warrior princess of sorts but how does she die...?

well i think, she lost the will to live, the man she loved not just turned to the dark side, he force choke her, i mean, anakin was like, i dont even care about you. everything we had together, my babies, f*** all that. Thats how i see it.

Anyways I think we should see the new movies, then criticize.

And it was one of the dumbest things in the prequel trilogy. They specifically said she was physically fine, unless she killed herself, people don't just 'lose the will to live' and die. s**t happens, people get depressed, but their bodies don't simply give out on them because they feel that life sucks.

The better interpretation is, she is still alive, but got all depressed and cried herself to sleep every night(while she binged on tubs of ice cream and watch sappy romantic movies that make her feel like s**t), and Obi-wan knew this would happen and was like screw this, we aren't letting this emotional wreck raise some uber jedi kids, and found them homes with better parents that actually cared.