Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:14 pm

There's already a thread about worst films you've seen but what about films you've never seen but you've heard from other people and sources about how terrible they are and based on that you think the films are bad too. You still want to see the films though but you're still debating the choice to see it because it's two hours more or less of your life you will not get back and what you see may not be unseen.

I've heard from everyone that the Super Mario Bros. movie is god awful. I think the film is bad too but how bad is it exactly? I see someone upload it on YouTube and I still don't know if I should see it to form a second opinion.

Contact was a film that received average ratings but shows like South Park and Family Guy have ripped on it implying that the movie is terrible. My parents also thought the movie was bad. They tried to watch it but never made it through and something about Matthew McConaughey. I don't have any particular interest in this movie so I wouldn't watch it myself anyway but I know it's bad.

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is a terrible indie film. I've heard from plenty of sources mostly on YouTube that this was terrible too. I've only seen a clip of this film NOT the entire film but a single clip. Indeed, it was the scene with the coat-hangers. I would actually take my chances and see this one just for laughs if I can find it. I know its bad but it's one of those films you would want to see and love to hate.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm

I1. 've kept my distance from all the Bourne Identity films because I've read quite a lot of bad reviews about them.

2. I've also kept my distance from Wrath of the Titans and The Three Stooges because of bad reviews.

Parasol
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

Any of the bad Star Trek Movies
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (I am serious on this but I have seen 2 and 3)
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
Superman 3
Superman 4
Superman Returns
Spiderman 3
The Last Airbender
X-men Origins: Wolverine
X-men 3
Battlefield Earth
Troll 2
The Room
Catwoman

I know there is alot more but this is what I can name off my head.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 11:16 pm

Beverly Hills Ninja.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2013, 11:57 pm

Battleship.
Hunger games.
dark shadows.
Total recall.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 12:04 am

Titanic.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:24 am

Catwoman
Epic Movie
The Three Stooges
Battlefield Earth
The Last Airbender
Dungeons and Dragons
Eragorn
The Punisher: War Zone
Total Recall 2012

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:35 am

Super Mario the movie is so damn good.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 3:33 am

thewrll wrote:
Super Mario the movie is so damn good.

I remember going through a Super Mario phase when I was a very young child. Mostly the cartoon version, but I vaguely remember seeing that movie and enjoying it. Not sure if it would hold up now that I'm an adult though.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 11:04 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I1. 've kept my distance from all the Bourne Identity films because I've read quite a lot of bad reviews about them.

2. I've also kept my distance from Wrath of the Titans and The Three Stooges because of bad reviews.

The Bourne Identity is a fantastic movie, I thought most people liked it and wouldn't think there would be any significant number of bad reviews for it. The sequels were good but not quite as good, the second one being the weakest of the Bourne movies but still entertaining, and third being closer in quality to the first one. The Bourne Legacy is kind of odd being a spin-off without Bourne in the movie and following a different character, but still entertaining. The biggest problem with the second one is the directing moreso than the plot, they use a bit too much shaky cam.

But at least watch the first one, if you are a fan of action movies even in the slightest, its one of the best modern action films.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 12:19 pm

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Gigli
Live Free or Die Hard

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 1:18 pm

Quote:
Live Free or Die Hard

Good God, yes.

I refuse to watch the films of Todd Solondz, on the grounds that they would make me even more depressed.

Seriously, Todd... get out of the hole you're in and walk in the damn sunlight.

Last edited by Giftorcurse on 13 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 2:58 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

I've heard from everyone that the Super Mario Bros. movie is god awful. I think the film is bad too but how bad is it exactly? I see someone upload it on YouTube and I still don't know if I should see it to form a second opinion.

The Super Mario Bros film is good. It is a relentless action comedy fantasy adventure that has no seriousness about it. Some good actors in it like Dennis Hopper and Bob Hoskins. It is for kids but as an adult I have watched it many times and hope to do so again one day. I also like the Roxette song that was the theme.

IMO the critics were too hard on it, and so are most others.

I have heard that Timeline is bad and was critically panned but I read most of the book. I cannot decide if to watch the film or not.

I put off seeing Prometheus for a long time because I suspected it would be a disappointment, I have seen it twice now and was disappointed both times so wish I hadn't bothered.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

Revolutionary Road with DiCaprio and Kate Winslet was terrible. I didn't even finish it.

Star Wars the Phantom Menace was terrible.

Just about any movie they show on the SyFy channel.

Numbuh4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Feb 2013, 9:29 pm

Never Say Never
1D in 3D (whyyyyy?!)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

CSBurks wrote:
Star Wars the Phantom Menace was terrible.

I ENVY you. Attack of the Clones got me into the series. The CGI animated Clone Wars got me out. But I will never forget how bad the Phantom Menace was. We can all agree it was because of a certain clumsy idiotic annoying aquatic alien. I wish I never saw that film.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.