ASSUMED MOVIE, TV AND CARTOON CHARACTERS W/ ASPERGERS

Page 43 of 43 [ 686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Dec 2017, 6:32 pm

Jonathan Byers from stranger things he,s extremely passionate about photography seems to have difficulty commicating is a shy and introverted outsider misunderstood and prefers to watch people rather than interact with them

happilyirrelevant
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2017, 4:43 pm

Eeee I love listing my headcanons!

-Barclay from Star Trek
-Data from Star Trek is an android and thus can't technically have autism I know but I like to think that Soong had autism and based Data's brain at least partly off his own and so Data's kinda autistic too
-Julian Bashir from Star Trek
-L from Death Note. The first episode I watched with him, it's like my brain lit up with joy because I related so much!
-Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
-Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec
-Dwight Schrute from The Office
-Twilight from My Little Pony
-Jessica from the movie Prancer
-Rapunzel from Tangled, yeah I know a lot could be explained by her lack of socialization but I like to think of her as autistic anyway :)
And lots, lots more who I can't think of at the moment. :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

From Scorpion
---------------------
Walter O'Brien
Sylvester Dodd
Ralph Dineen
Happy Quinn

Maxwell Smart from the 1960's TV program "Get Smart"

"Wolfgang the German soldier" from the late 60's early 70's comedy TV show "Rowen and Martins Laugh-In". Repetitive behaviors, he was always saying "Veerrrry interesting" and wearing the same clothes.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:18 pm

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid:-
Greg, Rowley and Fregly remind me of Aspies with different personalities and skills from one another. While they may not be stereotypical Aspies, they still remind me of Aspies. Maybe Greg is borderline, but Rowley and Fregly seem most definite Aspies.

Outnumbered:-
The youngest child in the Brockman family, Karen Brockman so badly reminds me of an Aspie. She is often excluded from her peers, and as she gets older she finds it more hard to fit in, despite how chatty she is to adults. She is intelligent, also anxious, and views life differently than most others her age.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 3:08 am

Joe Pera (fictionalized version), from Joe Pera Talks With You

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2018, 8:47 pm

If this was discussed, it's probably been years. I'm just now watching DCI Banks (BBC) on Hulu. In season 2, they introduce DI Helen Morton. I find it ironic that she's played by Caroline Catz, who played opposite Martin Clunes in Doc Martin.

DI Morton calls everyone by their titles, and has her own orderly way of working, and makes a number of faux pas to which I can relate. They led into it slowly, but I think gave it away when she starts taking notes during a discussion with Banks about fitting in at the squad: make jokes, go to pub, etc. I let that kind of thing slide, given that some writers want to make sure that everyone gets it.

Caroline Catz really does justice to the role she has, in my opinion. I can see some similarities to Clunes's portrayal, but no more than I'd find in many pairs of autistic people. DI Morton seems willing to make an effort on behalf of other people and their puzzling motivations, while Doc Martin dismisses as ridiculous the very idea of interacting with people beyond their physical health.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 6:18 pm

Tang Lung (Way of Dragon)

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2018, 9:19 pm

Bobby Hill from King of the Hill.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 12:45 am

Derek in UFO (2018).

Awesome movie as well. Not horror nor thriller, but an intriguing mathematics paranormal movie. More along the lines as ‘Contact.’

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/07/ufo-t ... 201980528/

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2020, 4:51 pm

jimservo wrote:
Rare example: I just saw the movie Rocky last night and the character of Adrian seems like a possible example (at least in the original).

Didn't the movie straight out say she was Autistic though?

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2020, 5:08 pm

Eric_C wrote:
Edd (a.k.a. Double D) from Ed Edd N Eddy: He's deeply interested in his interests, always believe in his routine and himself but if it's broken he goes crazy, and his privacy and deeply attached with his hat. Plus he always talks to himself.

I always thought so

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

22 Feb 2020, 5:09 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Meg Griffin from Family Guy. She wants to fit in but can't, now matter how hard she tries.

Brian too. Like when he didn't get the point that that girl from the Bachelorette didn't want to see him anymore

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 4:00 pm

Two examples of characters who seem to have Aspergers. These examples were 1980s to 1990s TV shows before Aspergers was understood.

* The NBC Cheers Series the Postman Cliff Clavin who bored people with misc. facts.

* The 'Northern Exposure' episode 'A Bolt From the Blue'- where a ranger would not come out of his fire-watch tower. He also monopolized conversations with misc. facts. The town Doctor pointed-out the ranger's behavior.

Robbie Sallos
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2020, 7:55 pm

I'm sure this one has been mentioned but Chloe from 24 was such a good Autismesque character that to this day it's debated.

Entrapta from the new She-Ra is obsessive over her inventions and research that she won't notice baddies approaching and will even side with questionable people if it means continuing her work.