Page 52 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 93  Next

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jun 2017, 2:31 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
Um, is it alright if I can list some anime that I do not like?

-Sword Art Online
-Accel World
-Angel Beats
-Clannad
-Elfen Lied
-Black Lagoon
-Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt

I'm really sorry for doing this, I just wanted to get them off my chest. :oops:

Black Lagoon is okay and I like clannad but the rest are garbage.

wtf

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

danieldoesnotexist wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Um, is it alright if I can list some anime that I do not like?

-Sword Art Online
-Accel World
-Angel Beats
-Clannad
-Elfen Lied
-Black Lagoon
-Panty & Stocking w/ Garterbelt

I'm really sorry for doing this, I just wanted to get them off my chest. :oops:

Black Lagoon is okay and I like clannad but the rest are garbage.

I dislike the verb "is/are/be" since it allows opinion to masquerade as fact. "I like" X makes sense to me as a factual statement, while X "is garbage" has no factual content whatsoever. Please, have opinions, but state them as opinions.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 11:17 am

^I agree completely. That's been bothering me for years.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 11:30 am

Anybody who finds Detroit Metal City hilarious?

Blindwolf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2017, 10:56 am

It's hard to get me to watch something these days. But lets see:

Older stuff that I enjoyed as a kid:
Outlaw Star (I dont think I'd like this one as passionately now as i did as a kid)
Trigun
Gundam Wing/SEED
Tenchi Muyo (same with this one)
Dragonball Z
Zoids New Century/Chaotic Century
Inuyasha (can confirm: I still love this as an adult :D )
.Hack//Sign & .Hack//Roots (I dont think i completed sign, but tome there were some good eps. Roots I liked quite a bit)
Goddess Candidate (I liked this one alot. It was so sad when the series kinda puttered out when the manga halted)
Bleach (How could I forget poor bleach? I was obsessed with it for a good few years)

"Recently" discovered stuff that I've enjoyed:
Death Parade (I hope they make another season. To me it was good at the end)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (The art/females are drawn very fan-servicy. But the story does not acknowledge that whatso ever and so was enjoyable to me. I'm currently collecting the manga for it now.)
Captain Harlock/Cosmo Warrior Zero (This is a string of lots of different series, some better than others. To me, when you don't take them seriously they are hilarious and endearing.)
Galaxy Railways (Related to the above, but focuses on space-train-cops. :D )
Sword Art Online (This one is problematic for me. Clearly they tried to fix some of the fatal flaws that .Hack had, and it made for a really fascinating world. So I love it for that. But how the female characters are used is awful, and the implied incest/underage fan service stuff was real bad and pulled it down.)
Denno Coil (I enjoyed the setting world, even though the story itself was a little confusing to me)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

Clannad is my favourite, followed by Kanon and AIR, even though I know how...how...awful... :| I cannot say it. I do not know why.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

This last week has been a week of greats. A Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul episode that left me smiling the whole time despite the supposed gloomy setting. The best episode of My Hero Academia that feels like it propelled the series as a whole forward. But then there was Little Witch Academia, with episode 22 it just changed the whole game, a twist that was so set to come yet I doubt anyone actually saw it, and even addresses things that people may have found a problem earlier.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 6:54 pm

Watching Bodacious Space Pirates again. I hope they make more movies. I feel excited about watching Abyss of Hyperspace again soon.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 2:00 pm

I have a google document, 16 pages, all filled with links to music. The largest section is music from Clannad: two whole pages, from the Dango song to Hurry, Starfish!

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2017, 1:47 pm

Does anyone like Noragami or ERASED? Those are my favorites so far from my Journey of watching anime. :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:09 pm

Noragami had a pretty fantastic second season which really improved my opinion of it which I personally did not have a huge opinion of, I actually got a hat of it in my recent Anime LootCrate. And Erased is a pretty good show, it was quite the ride when it was coming out.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 8:12 pm

I've never heard of Noragami, but it sounds interesting.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 11:47 pm

As an example of how much I like the especially the second season, I will link the OP, was super catchy and got stuck in my head.

And to not be entirely outdone, the OP of Erased was also amazing last y. Last year it put itself right up there with Mob Psycho, Yuri on Ice, and Re:Zero.

As an update to what is being really good this season, not sure if I have posted it before, but Re:Creators has been the think to watch out for.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 12:14 am

Don't let the name Bodacious Space Pirates fool you. If you want a strong, cute character, then look no further than Marika Kato. Also Ai, who seemed neurodiverse to me.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:57 pm

Is anyone here besides me excited for the next Digimon movie? Tailmon has always been my favourite. It would be nice if Wizardmon actually will manage to make a come back, as the rumors keep hinting at...

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:01 pm

I just finished High School DXD Season 2. Yes I know it's perverted to the nth degree. I love that. Issei is one of the nicest guys I have seen in anime. One thing I do wish is if there was a harem series that dealt with a omnisexual. Then the character could aquire subs/slaves/partners of all genders and not just females. I don't think that would work in Japan though.