Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 2:03 pm

I recently read Justice League vol 1 origins from the new 52s, so now I wanna get vol 2 but I was wondering if there any other comics connected to the one I read like the Flashpoint ones. If so which ones should I read and do I need to read them in order to understand the one I read.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 7:37 pm

The new 52 is supposed to be more self contained as far as stories go--they don't spread them out over different titles. Usually when/if there is any significant crossover stuff going on it will get bundled in it's own trade.

For instance, I read Batman and pretty much ignore all the other Batman/Bat-family titles without much worry. The first story arc, Court of Owls, went Court of Owls (Batman vol1), Night of Owls (a collection of all the crossover stuff--most of it was pointless) and City of Owls (Batman vol2). The worthwhile story was in Batman vols. 1&2 only.

I'm not keeping up with JL, but Comixology has the reading order as JL vols. 1-3, JL: Trinity War (Collects: FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2012, TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA 1-3, TRINITY OF SIN: PHANTOM STRANGER 11, JUSTICE LEAGUE 22-23, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK 22-23, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 6-7 and CONSTANTINE 5) big crossover event, JL vols. 4-5.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2014, 9:45 am

Here's DC official free guide...

http://www.comixology.com/DC-Entertainm ... mic/101773