Page 722 of 1263 [ 20198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724, 725 ... 1263  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 12:58 pm

Alien Covenant. Sort of Meh and Ahhh at the same time.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:17 pm

Ichinin wrote:
underwater wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
In Brügges.

That movie was very confusing. Did you like it?

Dark humour = yes i liked it. Very fluent storyline, a bit like the setting for Ronin which was a pretty European town with lots of shooting (but no carchases), got vibes from Layer Cake and Hitman as well. You have to appreciate the dark humour to get the movie.

Flew right by me, then :D

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:16 am

Ichinin wrote:

I do want to see this. The reviews I heard seem to agree with you.

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Bill Nye: Science Guy

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

underwater wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
underwater wrote:
Ichinin wrote:
In Brügges.

That movie was very confusing. Did you like it?

Dark humour = yes i liked it. Very fluent storyline, a bit like the setting for Ronin which was a pretty European town with lots of shooting (but no carchases), got vibes from Layer Cake and Hitman as well. You have to appreciate the dark humour to get the movie.

Flew right by me, then :D

I liked it. Would watch again.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 2:21 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

I do want to see this. The reviews I heard seem to agree with you.

The reviews i've heard is the same, some even get angry but then they finish off with "...but it's still an Alien movie".

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

To the Bone.
i thought it was interesting. I don't know that much about eating disorders other than I know a few people who have family members with them.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

iBoy

On Netflix. I really liked it.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2017, 9:04 pm

My Little Pony: The Movie

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 9:08 am

American Made.
I thought it was interesting showing a really messed up part of American history. The Iran Contra fiasco.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

Carriers

Post apoc pandemic movie about 4 travellers that are trying to, uhm, go surfing or something at a beach (dont ask)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

Wind River.
I enjoyed this film very emotional and intense. jeremy Renner delivers.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
A Ghost Story.

Not to be mistaken for Peter Straub's Ghost Story.
A young couple living in the country are awakened in the middle of the night when the piano suddenly makes a loud sound. Finding nothing, they go back to sleep. The next day, the husband is killed in a car accident. Unwilling to leave his life, his ghost leaves the morgue wearing a bed sheet, and returns home. He finds his wife lost in despondency, and is unable to do anything about it. When she starts dating again, he becomes angry, and only chases her away from the house. He gets to know the ghost in the next house who has forgotten who he is even waiting for. Time no longer has any meaning for him, and so witnesses one family after another moving in and moving out, till the house, old and deserted, is torn down. Then he finds himself in a construction site, which becomes a skyscraper in the city that has extended into what had been his country home. Attempting to fall from the building, he finds himself back in old west times, to see settlers massacred by Native Americans. Time passes, the bodies decay, then he finds himself back in his old house, now new. And then his wife and his living self move in. One night, he accidentally presses down on the piano keys, awakening himself and his wife.
This is a horror film with virtually no horror, save the spirits of the dead lost in their own confusion. It also might be too slow for some, with little dialogue. This is more about regret. There were times when this film had me close to tears. Excellent movie.

I think I have seen this movie. It sounds so familiar.
Before reading your description, I thought you mean the 1981 Ghost Story

edit: Ah. the 1981 Ghost Story is the Peter Straub Ghost Story.

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

Saw Mother! A week or so back and man, what a wild ride. I can understand why most audiences would turned off by a film like this but I have to say I throughly enjoyed the build up during the film and the utterly insane pay off near the end. I do have a soft spot for these kind of whacky movies though.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 12:16 pm

The Da Vinci Code.
Enjoyed it.