Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:24 am

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/j ... no-a145610

They said that they were gonna use animatronics in Jurassic World but they didn't except in one scene with the that dying Brachiosaurus which is actually one of the rarest scenes in the movie that was actually good so how can we trust them to keep their word. I sorry but I kinda thought the film was a little underwhelming and mediocre. We never really experience the park being explored. Instead it's these two dumbass kids just going from point a to point b and we're suppose to care about but we don't. Seriously who cares if you're parents are getting a divorce. I'm so sick and tired of seeing these Jurassic Park movies having some subplot about parents getting divorced. Also the humans characters are a bunch of dumbasses and clitches. Seriously did they really have to have the main male character and main female character just hook up like that. They mentioned they were on one date, go looking through the island for those dumbass kids and it's love apparently. The only 2 good things that happened in the movie were the Pterodactyl attack on the park attack the tourists because that's kinda what we really wanted to see in a Jurassic Park movie. Aren't you tired of seeing scientists and guys with guns be the victims when the victims should be the everyman as in us. Unfortunately I don't see that's gonna happen in the next movie because the Park is closed and all the Dinos are on the island and no tourists are gonna come back. What followed after the Pterodactyl attack was guys with guns going after the Indomius when really all the tourists in one place could have been the Indomius' snack in one place. You missed out on a great opportunity guys. The other great thing is the t-Rex raptor tag battle at the end which I wish lasted a little longer. There's also that dying Braciasaurous scene that was good because despite only being a few seconds it was pretty sad and felt real due to the Dino being animatronic. Despite all that stuff I complained about said Jurassic World is kinda worth watching for those scenes and it's not really a terrible movie as it does look good visually (not counting the CGI dinos) and the park looks great. Also despite the unlikable human characters the acting is decent and I guess I do consider the best Jurassic Park sequel but it's not really saying much. You have to go through a lot of BS to enjoy the good stuff. I just wish the movie could have been more. Hopefully Jurassic Park 5 will be better. Whatever happens please bring back the T-Rex.

Potatoes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2016, 12:48 pm

Small nitpick, sorry, but it was an Apatosaurus, not a Brachiosaurus.

And if you ask me, that's really the only time in JW where anything felt real. JW had horrible CGI, all the dinosaurs were either dull greys or so muted that they meshed with the background skies. The first film did great things with its CGI and animatronics, they constantly switched it up so that your eye never got used to one or the other, keeping up the illusion. But JW used pure CGI, and in an age where CGI is the practical bread and butter of special effects, its too easy for our eyes to spot the CGI. I dunno if it was just me but JW's CGI felt at times more like an Asylum film.