Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 1:25 pm

I love this, but I've only ever watched the first 4 seasons (I have these on DVD).

My favourite character in the first and second series is Tucker. He looks like butter wouldn't melt when you look at him. But he's nicer than Doyle, I think. Doyle's like a bully, and has that annoying smirk on his face.

Simon Shaw is one of my favourites too. He reminds me of me a bit, except that my absent-mindedness is real, while he is just pretending to be absent-minded to cover up his dyslexia.

I often wondered if Justin has an ASD, but I think he is just posh and a good student (doesn't mean ASD). But he is a target, and both Tucker and Doyle pick on him.

Anyone else love Grange Hill? Most of you probably prefer the 80's and 90's series. Maybe I will watch those one day, but at the moment I love the 70's episodes.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2017, 1:39 pm

I never gave GH a proper chance. I'm an absolute Only Fools and Horses fan, though.

What do you like about Grange Hill (I mean apart from all those kid characters you just mentioned)?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm

I love the storyline throughout the first 2 series. It all joins up rather cleverly. Each situation with a child affects another child. I always find that interesting, about all the social shananigans that go on among the children.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2017, 2:59 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I love the storyline throughout the first 2 series. It all joins up rather cleverly. Each situation with a child affects another child. I always find that interesting, about all the social shananigans that go on among the children.

I was used to play the Grange Hill game on a ZX Spectrum but I never knew much about the series despite that. I had seen someone ranting about it on YT, the vid really got my attention (despite being a bit on the lengthy side) but anyway I never checked the series itself to date. I'll have to check this :idea:.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 8:39 am

Well I've become obsessed with Grange Hill now. I tried making up stories of my own version, but nothing I create can beat the real Grange Hill so I've had to come up with made-up storylines using the existing characters.