Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2007, 5:28 pm

I just got back from seeing The Invasion at the theater. An ironic twist in the movie is that once a person is invaded by the alien virus, they show no emotions....virtually a blank stare. If you were not infected, you had to act like you were, just to get by.

Now if that ever happened in real life, wouldn't that give us Aspies a leg up? We give the blank stare already. On the flip side, would we still be trying to "pass for normal"?

AleusMundiSonoftheRex
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2007, 11:22 pm

Actually I think we'd be in charge, trying to help the poor normie victims deal with the emotional cripled-ness :P

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2007, 11:37 pm

No--some aspies may be less emotional than most NT's, but others (like myself) are MORE emotional.

BTW, the 70's version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" kicked ass. The new one I've heard nothing but bad things about, so I'll pass....

AleusMundiSonoftheRex
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2007, 1:51 pm

Veresae wrote:
BTW, the 70's version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" kicked ass. The new one I've heard nothing but bad things about, so I'll pass....

Oh yeah, the Donald Sutherland version was powerful indeed :D

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2007, 12:23 am

I just got back from seeing this movie. The transformed people not having emotions made me chuckle for obvious reasons. Overall I thought it was pretty good. The vomiting was gross though.