Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Illumination
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2018, 5:04 pm

Hello, I am "Illumination", I am a 18-year-old Male, I first originally self-diagnosed myself with Autism around the age of 13, I was only recently informed that I was professionally diagnosed as a young Child. -- I have several primary "special interests" that are inter-connected, for example English, History, and Strategy. -- I was also diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 5:29 pm

Welcome, Illumination.

isloth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2018, 5:59 am

Welcome Illumination. That is kinda strange that they didn't tell you... I feel like it is usually more helpful to know such things, but perhaps it never gave you any issues so there was no need. Those are some good special interests, in what context do you like English? because you like writing? like rules? or because you like studying words/word origins (it would be the last one in my case)? :)

Illumination
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jul 2018, 6:17 am

isloth wrote:
Welcome Illumination. That is kinda strange that they didn't tell you... I feel like it is usually more helpful to know such things, but perhaps it never gave you any issues so there was no need. Those are some good special interests, in what context do you like English? because you like writing? like rules? or because you like studying words/word origins (it would be the last one in my case)? :)

They did not tell me (or my twin), because they had no clue what Autism was, and still do not. We only found out we were professionally diagnosed because we are gonna be re-evaluated to continue getting disability. -- I like English in the context of writing or typing stories, projects, etc. -- Well, I do not really like "writing"; as my handwriting is pretty bad, I prefer typing.

Also I do not really like the "rules" of English, if I am writing something like a thread, a story, or a project Ill follow the rules to the best of my ability, but I prefer to also structure it and change it to be my own unique form of writing.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2018, 7:59 am

Welcome and let us know if we can be of any help.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2018, 8:03 am

Hi there.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 12:50 pm

Welcome Illumination!

Enjoy the forum!

kazanscube