Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rebz
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2024, 1:37 am

Hi there,

I'm sort of new here but not really. I was very active on this forum about 11 or so years ago and recently felt like I wanted to come back since I feel like I have a lot to talk about but no one to talk to. Unfortunately, I don't remember the password to the old account and don't get emails when asking about a new password so had to create a new account altogether. Hope that's ok.

Anyway, hi! I'm Rebz. 33 years old from Sweden. Finally got my diagnosis at 23. Despite that, I'm really not doing well (which I guess is a topic for another post) and I really want to just talk about stuff with people who can relate. I really don't find anyone who relates to me in real life and that's incredibly difficult for me to deal with. So yeah, I'm back. Thanks for having me. Looking forward to talking to you lot.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 2:03 am

welcome back

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2024, 7:04 am

Welcome Back to Wrong Planet.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 8:12 am

Welcome back to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 8:17 am

Welcome back to the site. It looks like you predate me, since I have been here only 5 or 6 years. What is it like to live in Sweden during these strange times.

Rebz
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2024, 9:08 am

Thank you, all!

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome back to the site. It looks like you predate me, since I have been here only 5 or 6 years. What is it like to live in Sweden during these strange times.

Hmm, not sure how to answer that. What do you mean?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 10:27 am

Welcome back! I hope you stay this time.

And I hope life, in general, improves for you.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 11:53 am

WB to WP ... hope you enjoy your visits here. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

utterly absurd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2024, 2:31 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 3:03 pm

Rebz wrote:
jimmy m wrote:

Hmm, not sure how to answer that. What do you mean?

It was not a hostel question. Many times it is hard to exist when you are a little bit different. In some countries for example in the far east such as China, they perform electro shock therapy on the brain in order to alter the brain. I do not think Sweden does anything like that. But some countries are strange. So thus the question. Also the world in general has gone over-the-top crazy since COVID.

As an example, towards the end of 2020 I was placed in a COVID ward in a large hospital. Mind you, I didn't have COVID but they decided to exercise extreme caution and placed me into that ward for almost a week until they determined I didn't have COVID. Now if you do not have COVID, one way to get COVID is to spend time with other people who have COVID. So this world sometimes goes crazy.

Rebz
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2024, 3:47 pm

jimmy m wrote:
It was not a hostel question. Many times it is hard to exist when you are a little bit different. In some countries for example in the far east such as China, they perform electro shock therapy on the brain in order to alter the brain. I do not think Sweden does anything like that. But some countries are strange. So thus the question. Also the world in general has gone over-the-top crazy since COVID.

As an example, towards the end of 2020 I was placed in a COVID ward in a large hospital. Mind you, I didn't have COVID but they decided to exercise extreme caution and placed me into that ward for almost a week until they determined I didn't have COVID. Now if you do not have COVID, one way to get COVID is to spend time with other people who have COVID. So this world sometimes goes crazy.

Oh, I didn't interpret it as hostile at all. I just didn't understand what you were asking. Anyway, I like living in Sweden. We do have some issues though. There's one issue that affects me (and people like me) in particular: if you have both an autism diagnosis and psychiatric diagnoses (I, for example, suffer from depression and several anxiety disorders as well), it can be really difficult to get adequate care. It's a bit difficult to explain to people who aren't familiar with how healthcare works over here but it's basically because neuropsychiatric diagnoses and psychiatric ones are treated at different departments and, for some reason, if you need help from both departments, you risk getting help from neither. That's where I'm at. I get referred from department to department and basically get no help at all, which is absolutely horrible (this is not the case for everyone but a fair few). It's stupid because comorbid diagnoses are very common with autism. Other than that it's alright. No electroshock therapy or anything like that. It's a modern society.

Does that answer the question?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 4:51 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

PineappleLobster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2024, 5:43 pm

Welcome back to WP!!

My pronouns are they/them and he/him

~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 8:21 am

welcome back!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 10:37 am

Rebz wrote:
Oh, I didn't interpret it as hostile at all. I just didn't understand what you were asking. Anyway, I like living in Sweden. We do have some issues though. There's one issue that affects me (and people like me) in particular: if you have both an autism diagnosis and psychiatric diagnoses (I, for example, suffer from depression and several anxiety disorders as well), it can be really difficult to get adequate care. It's a bit difficult to explain to people who aren't familiar with how healthcare works over here but it's basically because neuropsychiatric diagnoses and psychiatric ones are treated at different departments and, for some reason, if you need help from both departments, you risk getting help from neither. That's where I'm at. I get referred from department to department and basically get no help at all, which is absolutely horrible (this is not the case for everyone but a fair few). It's stupid because comorbid diagnoses are very common with autism. Other than that it's alright. No electroshock therapy or anything like that. It's a modern society.

Does that answer the question?

I will try and interpret what you wrote. I hit a key phrase of a condition which affects you. It was neuropsychiatric diagnoses. So I did a quick search and the internet revealed "Disorders such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, substance abuse, bipolar disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) produce a wide spectrum of disrupt in personal and professional life and activities."

O.K. I do not have this condition, but many people on the site do exhibit it. But I may have a treatment for this condition. The reason why you are suffering this is because you are out of balance. The treatment is to be yourself. Not hide your weaknesses. In fact many of what you think are weaknesses are actually some strengths. This approach will not make you friends but having one or two good forever friends are worth more then having thousands of people who call you a friend but are actually not telling you the truth.

Humans are very complex creations. Our brain has two sides, one on the left and the other on the right side of our skull. They are two different people. As we grow from childhood into adulthood, they are designed to become joined. But at least in my case that never happened. I have a daytime brain and also a night time brain that exists in REM and NREM sleep. They are very different people. I have learned to use both sides of my brain to function properly. In a sense I am like Peter Pan. I can move freely between each side of my skull. I understand the side that sees life in terms of black and white. But I also understand the brains that see everything in terms of a thousand shades of gray.

So I do not experience or have a neuropsychiatric diagnoses because I am always ME.

You wrote, "There's one issue that affects me (and people like me) in particular: if you have both an autism diagnosis and psychiatric diagnoses (I, for example, suffer from depression and several anxiety disorders as well), it can be really difficult to get adequate care."

There is a solution to this problem but you might be a little bit late to pursue it. The solution is to pick the one issue that causes you the most grief and deny the existence of the other issue.

ChicagoLiz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2024, 3:15 pm

Welcome back!

I'll be in Sweden for 2 weeks in June, but on a tight schedule with a group, so I'll just wave in your general direction while I'm there! If there's anything you think I shouldn't miss while I'm there, please let me know.