Post a video of yourself!! !! ! !! ! ! !!

Page 6 of 104 [ 1654 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 104  Next

s1lenze
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 6:40 am

Is it just a coincidence that Alex appears to be wearing the same shirt as in his photo?

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 6:52 am

maybe he has lots of the same shirt.

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 8:30 am

jonrkc wrote:
Okay, I overcame my reservations and posted a YouTube video Saturday afternoon. I look green in it and the sound is out of sync but intelligible. I guess that's all you can expect from a $50 camera.... (Actually, I didn't think to adjust the white balance before recording. But I don't know how to fix the sound.) I wonder if anybody older than me will post one. I just turned 67 a week ago and I really don't understand it, as I've felt roughly like 30 for the past twenty years or so.... But a lot of people are surprised by aging. I found some good quotations on the subject recently.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb9WPuk4UY[/youtube]

"Drop in performance" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

Can you make a video of yourself playing classical guitar? That is my favorite kind of music, along with harpsichord. (Can you play Greensleeves by any chance (if I may be so bold to make a request :mrgreen:)?)

That was a great video.

Mimmom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2007, 9:44 am

Hi jonkc, I enjoyed your video. I feel good when I can see folks who have grown up with asperger syndrome and who have come through having had jobs and friends and a pretty good life. My son is 9 and has a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome. My husband (age 46) and I (45 next week) both have some characteristics. I scored under 16 on the test you mentioned and my husband was just over it, I believe.

[quote="jonrkc"]Okay, I overcame my reservations and posted a YouTube video Saturday afternoon. I look green in it and the sound is out of sync but intelligible. I guess that's all you can expect from a $50 camera.... (Actually, I didn't think to adjust the white balance before recording. But I don't know how to fix the sound.) I wonder if anybody older than me will post one. I just turned 67 a week ago and I really don't understand it, as I've felt roughly like 30 for the past twenty years or so.... But a lot of people are surprised by aging. I found some good quotations on the subject recently.

Mimmom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2007, 9:57 am

[quote="AmyGravino"]I like to rant about things. This is me ranting about bad and annoying fashion trends.

That was fun. I totally agree about the fashion trends. I checked out the myspace page. We like a lot of the same movies! I think my MIL went to Kings College in Wilkesbarre. I've been to Wilkesbarre, my husband's family is from Plymouth which is across the river from Wilkesbarre. I'm pretty sure my MIL has some asperger tendencies too. It's a blast having all of these smart interesting people around me.

My daughter who is 7 is NOT into dressing like those Bratz dolls and I'm SOOO happy about it. She likes to wear pretty little girl type dresses. LOL.

Miriam

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 9:57 am

Rhisiart_Steffan wrote:
maybe he has lots of the same shirt.

I know I do. I've been looking at the videos here, and feel depressed about the fact that I don't have a camera to post one. --Then again, who really wants to see the messiest bedroom in the galaxy?

onefourninezero
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2007, 10:01 am

I just went out specifically to make a video to post here... unfortunately the results are hideously embarrassing :P

I'll upload it to youtube anyway, later.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 10:14 am

Tequila wrote:
Don't have a video camera or anything so I can't. :)

Same.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 10:54 am

Alternative wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Don't have a video camera or anything so I can't. :)

Same.

ditto

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Ubourgeek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2007, 11:27 am

Rhisiart_Steffan wrote:
I'm sorry for the "strong" accent.

Actually, I had no trouble understanding you at all. Then again, I do originate from the East Coast and our accents can be almost impenetrable to mainlanders - mine tends to be worse than most as my family is a mix of Dutch, Irish, Scottish and Welsh.

My accent still sneaks out on occasion when speaking certain words like out, boat, couch, lobster, calm, mouse, toast but for the most part I sound like any other Centralian as I've resided in Ontario for ten years now.

"More sheep than people." :lol: Wales sounds a little too similar to the place from which I hail - Cape Breton! :lol:

Iechyd da,

Ted

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2007, 11:35 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQWWNKaKs8[/youtube]

Here's my lipsyncing to a remix i made of tomcraft - loneliness, enjoy

Stop talking trash

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Feb 2007, 11:38 am

Hey everyone, the folks at YouTube gave me an award for being the #82 most viewed comedy video on YouTube today!

I never expected my video to get a YouTube Honor and I'd like to thank you all for the support and compliments.

I'd also like to everyone who's posted videos and helped make this thread so great! Your videos are awesome. I enjoyed watching each and every one of them.

Keep the videos coming! This is a new breakthrough in Aspie Communication!

-Alex 8)
http://youtube.com/thewrongplanet

UPDATE: now it's #63!!

Last edited by alex on 04 Feb 2007, 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2007, 11:40 am

OH Cool.

Here's my profile that is chuck full of my work.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=muppetpro

P.S. I make a quick cameo and the end of episode 1 part 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WG-FQB-BGc4

:D

_Eric ;)

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2007, 11:46 am

nice one alex, you gotta make more videos though, because you could get up there with the big ones

Stop talking trash

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Feb 2007, 11:53 am

solid wrote:
nice one alex, you gotta make more videos though, because you could get up there with the big ones

that's what I plan on doing!

AssBurgerWithCheese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Feb 2007, 12:06 pm

dexkaden wrote:
AssBurgerWithCheese: What algorithms do you use? Do you use the Friedrich method? I have a lot of my Rubik's videos here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=dexkaden

(Also, the solve I spliced up was 74.16 seconds.)

I'm working on the Fridrich algorithms, but I still have to break it down by corner and edge because I don't have them all memorized. Cross and F2L are simple enough, but I have to do OLL in corners then edges, then PLL in corners, then edges. If I luck out, I can do OLL and PLL in one step each, but more often than not I have to do 4 algs on average.