Now come get to know me! [Member Blog Registry]

Page 5 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

TheOtherMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

Hiya, this is my new (and my first) blog.

thesecretlifeoftheothermeDOTblogspotDOTcom :lol:

BN1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

Hello all!

I posted my blog quite a while ago and I think at the time I only had a couple of entries. I've posted more if you're interested. My blog is titled "The Misadventures of Aspie Girl!" and can be found by clicking the link below in my signature or, if you're just interested in reading the latest one on auditory sensitivity, you may click here: http://misadventuresofaspiegirl.blogspo ... ganza.html

Have enjoyed many of your blogs and am trying to keep up as much as I can! :D

Thanks.

b.

Visit me here: http://brandynightingale.blogspot.com
Or here: http://www.facebook.com/everythingshunkydory
Or on Twitter: @bnightingale11

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:15 pm

http://allecto.tumblr.com

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2011, 11:56 am

I have a website with my art on it, but not sure if I should post it, as it might look like I'm just advertising, and I'm so new here.

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

Mine is in my sig:

pudgy2010
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Sep 2011, 3:07 am

i have afew quetions. do you suffer from anxiety?

vibrantoxymoron
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

Hello there - my name is T'Laina and I am obsessed with Star Trek, Doctor Who and light bulbs. The link to my blog is in my signature - feel free to ask me anything or introduce yourself :3

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

Ahh, shameless self-promotion. :P

Not a blog, but a facebook page. I have been speaking for about 7 years about AS across the province of Ontario...including at many major conferences and on a panel with Temple Grandin. I conduct speeches, seminars, and sessions about different aspects of AS, how I have overcome many aspects of it, and the extensive mentoring I do with a few young adults on the spectrum.

Check it out!

If anyone's in Ohio...I will be conducting two sessions at the OCALI conference during the first week of November.

www.facebook.com/anniehussey

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

keef
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2011, 5:04 am

anneurysm wrote:
Ahh, shameless self-promotion. :P

Can't say no to that!

I don't really blog but I do have a few websites and Facebook pages about some of the things I do...

Hobbies...

My Triumph Bonneville:
Keef's Bonnie Page

Pirate radio:
Midnight Mash Up
It's been quite a while since I did anything on this for two main reasons: firstly, because it was too time consuming and affected my work and family life, and; secondly, I found it quite a strain just to "put myself out there" like that. I had to put the brakes on after just seven three hour slots.

Work...

Carpentry:
Sessile Oak - Green oak timber frames and wood carving
Sessile Oak - Facebook page

Festival trailer tents:
Handy Dandys - Home
Handy Dandys - Facebook page

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

I love carving: www.wrongplanet.net/postxf8620-0-2276.html

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 2:28 am

Quite random actually. Just what the thread says - get to know me better. Not of much use.

http://dhawal1.blogspot.com

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 3:07 pm

WOW! There are so many fascinating blogs here.
On mine, I don't talk about our lovely little spectrum. I haven't been able to come up with much of a theme for posts, other than, hey, I wrote some books, you should read them. For a while I was listing books books I was reading, but when I got fifty or so books behind, I gave up. I read anywhere from three to twelve books a week, mostly sf, some fantasy, mystery, suspense, science, sociology, gardening, writing, sustainability, politics, economics, history etc. I write sf.
I raised five children, one with severe autism, one with mild AS.
I love Rwanda.
Maybe somebody here can suggest a theme for me.

Pixiestick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

So, yeah, I've been a member of this site for about a month, and only just today was able to find the forums. It was very frustrating, so I stopped trying for a bit. Today, when I cane back, I had a fresh look at it, and was able to figure out some things. Yay, me!! ! Anyway, does anyone else see colors that aren't really there? I'm not talking about migraine auras. floaters or the like. I'm referring to colors that never go away; the kind I can remember asking my mother about once when I was very young, and she said it wasn't normal, and it still happens to this day. It's like looking through a "veil" of sorts. The colors I see are brighter when it's dark, and I can't describe the colors. They're kinda in between the colors in the color wheel, like they're kinda brown, but are also kinda pink and kinda blue and kinda yellow, all at the same time. They make cool little patterns, too, as they change shape constantly. And no, I have never tried LSD. I heard that stuff never fully goes away, and I'm too sensitive for chemicals like that. Even if it were legal, I wouldn't try it. But back to my point, does anyone else experience this? And if you have, do you know what it is, and why it happens?

EtiamTempus
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2012, 12:44 am

Hello there. You can call me "ET" I don't have a link to a blog that accurately describes me, so I briefly describe myself and why I am here.

I have been thoroughly researching Asperger's syndrome since I started exclusively dating a wonderful gentleman who has it. He is 26 and of African-American decent. We share a mutual interest in the area of Technology -- more specifically, website development.

As for myself, I was misdiagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was 17. I understand the symptoms on paper quite well because of that. Of course, it can be different from person to person. It turns out that I actually have a genetic disorder called the 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. But regardless, I do have a very literal mindset, and I can relate well to Aspies.

My relationship should be somewhat of an indicator. :lol: We've been dating almost seven months at this point and he says he's never had a relationship that has lasted for more than 2 months.

All in all, I hope I can learn a thing or two from this site and from other people who have Asperger's. Regardless of my genetic disorder, I would still be labeled as neurotypical. I've never dated an Aspie before but I really like my boyfriend. I want to make this last. Hopefully fellow memembers of the Aspie community will be kind enough to help me.

-ET

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

Pixiestick, the colors you see seem like the colors you see on the surface of bubbles. Maybe you are able to see the swirls in the liquid over your iris. Or maybe you have a type of synesthesia. I would go to an eye doctor to have it checked out in case it is a symptom of something bad. If it's not something bad, it sounds like something to enjoy.

quirkyandlaughing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

Wow! I've been looking all over the internet for Aspie blogs & haven't had much luck yet. I'm so happy this post is here! My blog is new - the link is in my signature.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 7:16 pm

Quirkyandlaughing: I LOVE your blog!