Page 4 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

Moomingirl wrote:
As Feralucce says KenM, it is humour, and not supposed to be taken seriously.

Thank you. For the record... ONLY the title is in jest, the rest... is written in deadly seriousness

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Part 2: I don't think I know of any aspie that does not really have sort of issues with taste.

**waves hand***
I might be rare, but it was bound to happen. I have a dull sence of smell and taste. Instead of being "more" sensitive, I have negitive sensitivity, compared to what I know my friends experience.

Great blog. I've bookmarked your site and will read your posts in due time. Lots of spelling mistakes in the posts though.

I hope you don't mind, but I've coppied all 9 posts into a word document. For future reference, and I want to print it out so that my mother can read it. She's never really understood me, perhaps this might help bridge that gap.

Well done and thanks.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:17 pm

Thank you for the compliments... There ARE lots of spelling issues... I have dyslexia. I does the best that I can. When we go to print, it will be edited.

Feel free to print them and share.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 5:42 pm

part 10 is live

CLICKABLE LINK!!

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 6:54 pm

Thank you.
I don't know where you get such a comprehensive knowlage from, but it is impressive. I agree with just about everything you've written in this series.

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2013, 7:29 pm

Do you have a tagging system or other way to organize posts by content?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:12 pm

GregCav wrote:
Thank you.
I don't know where you get such a comprehensive knowlage from, but it is impressive. I agree with just about everything you've written in this series.

Thank you for the compliment... The knowledge is all first hand... as an aspie, I've lived it... I have learned to ferret out the truth behind WHY I do what I do... And then I research it.... I want to understand my own condition.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 8:15 pm

Cilantro wrote:
Do you have a tagging system or other way to organize posts by content?

I went and looked at the back end of the site, and yes...I do... but I suck at that stuff... I would need someone to go through and type up a a list of keywords for each post...I can insert them... but at 144 posts... it's a monumental task.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 5:18 am

Feralucce wrote:
part 10 is live

Feralucce, I think the thought that you put into these are great. I wonder how many Aspies are aware of what their problems actually are, rather than falling into the trap of just thinking "I hate it."

The picture of the cat looks like a good representation of my attitude whenever my husband is trying to get me to go somewhere new, or eat something different. :lol:

By the way, I would be interested to know if anyone else has expressed trouble with reading your white text on black background? I have been meaning to mention it for a while now. But maybe it is just me?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 5:57 am

Moomingirl wrote:

Feralucce, I think the thought that you put into these are great. I wonder how many Aspies are aware of what their problems actually are, rather than falling into the trap of just thinking "I hate it."

The picture of the cat looks like a good representation of my attitude whenever my husband is trying to get me to go somewhere new, or eat something different. :lol:

By the way, I would be interested to know if anyone else has expressed trouble with reading your white text on black background? I have been meaning to mention it for a while now. But maybe it is just me?

First off, let me say, thank you for the praise.

The thought that goes into each article is part of a process. I don't like being a slave to invasive thoughts... and with OCD and Mixed bipolar on top of Asperger's my life is rife with them. The process started long ago with a simple reaction. I'll not go into detail, because I am still embarrassed by it to this day... but the reaction was alien to my emotional and intellectual make up. So alien, in fact that I had to stop and say - "Well... that's not at all how I feel! What the hell?"

I kind of visualize our thought processes a lot like this

The things that an NT process normally, that end up in neat lines, end up tangled for us. So, when something prompts an emotional response or an intellectual resonance - instead of prompting proper neuron firing (in this analogy, something akin to a guitar string sounding a pure note), we get tension that pulls on something else...

Since I don't like those alien thoughts and "That is something I did not know about myself" moments... I take time... pull that string, follow it back to the snarl or intersection of other lines... and keep going til I can understand what it is that is causing what ever reaction i am having.

I have always believed that we view the world through a warped lens whose imperfections are formed by our own experiences... I believe that holds true for Aspie and NT alike... and like the laser created "pilot star" used in modern astronomy... if we don't have a way to plot those imperfections, we have no way to truly understand ANYTHING outside of the microcosm of our own, limited minds and perspectives.

And due to some issues in my childhood (summation: a teacher mocked me in front of the whole class because I was different, because I had special needs), I vowed that I would never be beaten by knowledge... That I would understand every piece of information that came across my path. Sometimes I fail... for a while... But never for very long.

As for the last part... no one has mentioned issues with reading the white on dark grey, and I am sorry that you do, but I have visual issues (a rod cone imbalance and migraines added to stimulation issues in the visual realm). As such, I get dazzled very easily and overwhelmed by black on white and the like... That is part of the reason I don't post more often here... it is difficult for me to look at the screen for very long... and since they use cascading style sheets (everyone does these days) I can't adjust the settings client side...

May I ask, would a larger font help? I can update the entire site to have a larger format...

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 6:08 am

Probably bolding the font would work better for reading purposes than making it bigger.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 6:21 am

I have applied a different template with some modified Style Sheets... I believe this might be easier to read... and it doesn't try to pull my eyes from their sockets...

let me know

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 6:54 am

That is a bit easier to read now. But I didn't expect you to change it on my account, if I was the only one who had expressed a difficulty. So thank you very much for that.

By the way, I like the visual on thought processes with tangled lines. You have a good way of describing things.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2013, 11:52 am

Moomingirl wrote:
That is a bit easier to read now. But I didn't expect you to change it on my account, if I was the only one who had expressed a difficulty. So thank you very much for that.

By the way, I like the visual on thought processes with tangled lines. You have a good way of describing things.

The fact that you didn't expect it, is kind of why I did it. You made a sincere request without a sense of entitlement... and HONESTLY... I wasn't happy with the way it displayed bold text... so I found something visually pleasing that could help.

I work very hard at self expression... Since everyone here (at least the aspies) has a warped perceptual lens, we often do not express ourselves in a way that makes sense to anyone else... the sad part is that few will ever realize that this is the case.

The burden of communication falls upon the communicator. I am the one that wants to be understood... it is my responsibility to MAKE myself understood. There are many that will argue that point, but at their core, those people will be VERY upset and dissatisfied with their lives.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 12:51 am

Part 11 is live... This one was requested by a WP member...

CLICKABLE LINK

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2013, 1:34 am

Feralucce wrote:
Part 11 is live... This one was requested by a WP member...

CLICKABLE LINK

I think that was a very good topic to cover. Good work. :D