Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2020, 1:04 pm

I’m realizing that I don’t have as many friends as I should and am struggling with loneliness because of it. My social skills are rusty due wasting a lot of my teen and early adult life. I’m hoping to gain more friends, and hopefully a girlfriend when I get a part-time job sometime soon. But in the meantime, even though I’ve had a passive-aggressive attitude on here in the past, and will probably have disagreements with people on here in the present; I’ll try and see if I can get a casual conversation going on this thread.

Obviously most people on here know that I’m a Traditional Catholic and a revert to the Faith. I have a huge devotion to Our Lady due to having a bad relationship with my mother, and needing Her Maternal Love to heal me. I used to be quite scrupulous about my Faith in the past, and used to get very angry about stories in the Church and in the world. But now I’m learning to be more detached from that, and focus more on saving my own soul and the souls of those around me; instead of worrying about things I have very little influence over. I’m now learning to be more grateful for having God as my Father and Mary as my Mother.

Going by the four classic temperaments, I have melancholic-phlegmatic-choleric blend, I’m tend to be prone to perfectionism and idealism. Like most aspies I struggle a lot with anger issues, and they were actually very bad in the near past, due to the fact that I had the habit bottling them up. But I am improving and working on not letting anger and negative things get the best of me. I am prone to cynicism, and overall have a serious and stern personality, but I do have a sense of humour that comes and goes at times.

In addition to my Faith, I have an interest in history, art and culture, classical philosophy, and a bit of mythology and traditional literature. I’m a big fan of Tolkien’s works and a casual Star Wars fan, of the sequel trilogies, I only saw The Force Awakens, which I mostly liked even though it was a rehash. While I haven’t seen The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, I seen spoiler reviews on them so I know what happens in them, SPOILERS: I was very disappointed when I heard that Snoke was killed in The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker simply doesn’t sound like a lot of fun.

I have noticed that I do have a skill for thinking up good stories, so I am exploring becoming a writer, although I’ll have to work on my grammar a bit. I’m currently working on a Fantasy Trilogy entitled The Thief Trilogy, and actually have a thread posted on this forum site in which I posted a couple things on it for people to comment and ask questions on. I actually just completed another thing on my Fantasy Trilogy which I plan on posting on that thread sometime today.

So anyways, here’s my invitation to a conversation, I hope I didn’t say anything too unapproachable. Nice to meet everyone here!

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2020, 2:22 pm

Nice to meet you. I'm relatively new on this forum and I think you gave a nice and brief overview of yourself. I'm not sure we have much in common, other than being star wars fans and aspies. So I'm unsure of a good conversation topic.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2020, 3:25 pm

Confused_Sloth wrote:
Nice to meet you. I'm relatively new on this forum and I think you gave a nice and brief overview of yourself. I'm not sure we have much in common, other than being star wars fans and aspies. So I'm unsure of a good conversation topic.

Hello there, welcome to this forum. Well I guess we could talk about Star Wars, if you want to have a conversation with me. Anything specific you want to talk about, films, originals, prequel trilogy, sequel trilogy, expanded universe; or shall I talk a bit about Star Wars, if you want to have a conversation with me?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2020, 3:58 pm

I like playing games from the star wars franchise, but only the original franchise, not the new one by Disney.

So the original BattleFronts, Star Wars: Empire At War is my favorite, and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is fun too.
As for the shows, I'm catching up on star wars: Clone wars.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2020, 4:43 pm

Confused_Sloth wrote:
I like playing games from the star wars franchise, but only the original franchise, not the new one by Disney.

So the original BattleFronts, Star Wars: Empire At War is my favorite, and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is fun too.
As for the shows, I'm catching up on star wars: Clone wars.

Yeah I liked playing the Star Wars video games as well. I think one of the first video games I played was Star Wars Episode I Podracer, one of my favourite video games is Star War Rogue Squadron. I don't have the consoles to play the games you mentioned, but I probably would have enjoyed them, especially Empire At War, as strategy games is by far my favourite video game genre.

When you say Star Wars: Clone Wars, do you mean the 2003 or the 2008 series?

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jan 2020, 5:22 pm

Podracer, damn that's nostalgic. That reminds me about a star wars game on the N64 that was hard as hell, forget what it was called.

Also, star wars the clone wars on Xbox was amazing, I think that's what got me into star wars.

I think the 2008 series, whichever one is on Disney+.

Yeah Star Wars: Empire at War is amazing, especially with mods, introducing the Executor Class Star destroyers, Huge Star Destroyers, ten times the size of an imperial star destroyer that takes up half the map. It's fun directing an entire fleet of Y-wings to target the engines in order to slow the damn thing down before it gets to your space station and blows it up.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 7:50 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

You can PM me whenever you want.

I am also Catholic and am a casual fan of Star Wars.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2020, 8:06 pm

Confused_Sloth wrote:
Podracer, damn that's nostalgic. That reminds me about a star wars game on the N64 that was hard as hell, forget what it was called.

Also, star wars the clone wars on Xbox was amazing, I think that's what got me into star wars.

I think the 2008 series, whichever one is on Disney+.

Yeah Star Wars: Empire at War is amazing, especially with mods, introducing the Executor Class Star destroyers, Huge Star Destroyers, ten times the size of an imperial star destroyer that takes up half the map. It's fun directing an entire fleet of Y-wings to target the engines in order to slow the damn thing down before it gets to your space station and blows it up.

Yeah, I remember my favourite tracks being Mon Gaza and the gas planet ones (I forgot the planet's name.) I liked the Mon Gaza tracks because they were only ones, apart from a few early courses, that I could beat; and the gas planet ones, because of their massive jumps that partially contributed to them being a bit of the opposite of Mon Gaza for me.

Interesting, what video game genre was the Clone Wars game?

Yeah, I figured it was the 2008 series, I only saw the 2003 series, I liked it at the time but in retrospect, is was more mindless action than story; although there were a few interesting points here and there.

Sounds awesome, kind of reminds of the last mission in Rogue Squadron, it actually took place in the Pre-Disney expanded universe. (Have you ever read the Dark Empire comics?) You have to defend Mon Calimari by stopping these planet-eating machines called the World Devastators, to do that, you have to blow-up their shield generators and then take out their leg jets to disable them. (In the game at least, in the comics, they have to be stopped by quite a different method.)

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2020, 8:07 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

You can PM me whenever you want.

I am also Catholic and am a casual fan of Star Wars.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. :)

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 12:13 am

Also Catholic. Also writer. Don't care for Star Wars but if that's your thing, sounds great--

If you want a hand with writing let me know. Ideas, whatever. I just finished a full-length light Catholic romance novel back in September and have been dueling with the editing process since. Right now Round 2 is fixing to start whenever I can get some school out of the way.

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2020, 7:44 am

What a coincidence I just got steamrolled in my current playthrough by eight world devastators(It was the first time I ever saw them). Unfortunately in the mod I play, they removed the ability to blow up shield generators, so they tanked my entire fleet to death, I did manage to take them down with help from an Ion Cannon. But then the New Republic attacked me with MC90's and my destroyed fleet was no match, so I was wiped from the map.

I sucked at Podracer, I just remember loving how some of the maps looked, I was just a kid when I played it so I don't remember much.

Clone wars was an action RPG, you played as various characters in the series, sometimes on foot, mostly using vehicles to battle huge numbers of enemies, I remember the last mission, you were fighting some kind of super ship piloted by a sith lord that shot lightning everywhere, it was really hard to beat, I don't think I managed to beat it.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2020, 11:11 am

Welcome back to Wrong Planet!

When the first Star Wars film came out, I saw it several times. In the beginning the film was a sleeper. There was very little advertisement for the film. But some people saw it and word of mouth spread until everyone was seeing it and the lines grew longer and longer wrapping around entire blocks and then everyone had to see it.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2020, 11:57 am

Borromeo wrote:
Also Catholic. Also writer. Don't care for Star Wars but if that's your thing, sounds great--

If you want a hand with writing let me know. Ideas, whatever. I just finished a full-length light Catholic romance novel back in September and have been dueling with the editing process since. Right now Round 2 is fixing to start whenever I can get some school out of the way.
Thanks, sounds like an interesting story you've got there.

I'm not sure if you can help me much with my fantasy trilogy as I don't have much of story posted yet anywhere. I do have a basic outline for a plot, but I haven't written down much apart from one unfinished chapter that has too many spoilers for me to post anywhere. Right now I'm just posting faction and character bios which you can see here, among other places: My Fantasy Trilogy: The Thief Trilogy

I have also started writing a sort of slice-of-life book series, which I plan on having sort of overlap with another, slice-of-life series whose theme and tone is similar yet different. Right now I just started typing at the prologue, my ideas for the plot on this one are very vague at the moment, just a few themes and events here and there. Like the fantasy trilogy, I also started working on another chapter that has a huge spoiler in it, but I plan on it happening in book 3, and sort figuring it out right now as I go along, what happens in between the prologue in book 1, and that chapter in book 3.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2020, 12:04 pm

Confused_Sloth wrote:
What a coincidence I just got steamrolled in my current playthrough by eight world devastators(It was the first time I ever saw them). Unfortunately in the mod I play, they removed the ability to blow up shield generators, so they tanked my entire fleet to death, I did manage to take them down with help from an Ion Cannon. But then the New Republic attacked me with MC90's and my destroyed fleet was no match, so I was wiped from the map.

I sucked at Podracer, I just remember loving how some of the maps looked, I was just a kid when I played it so I don't remember much.

Clone wars was an action RPG, you played as various characters in the series, sometimes on foot, mostly using vehicles to battle huge numbers of enemies, I remember the last mission, you were fighting some kind of super ship piloted by a sith lord that shot lightning everywhere, it was really hard to beat, I don't think I managed to beat it.
So you can have them in the Empire at War mod, that sounds interesting.

An action RPG? I always wondered if an RPG would work in the Star Wars franchise. So there's a Sith Lord in the last mission, does this game go all the way to Palpatine, or is this one Count Dooku's trainees or something?

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2020, 12:06 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome back to Wrong Planet!

When the first Star Wars film came out, I saw it several times. In the beginning the film was a sleeper. There was very little advertisement for the film. But some people saw it and word of mouth spread until everyone was seeing it and the lines grew longer and longer wrapping around entire blocks and then everyone had to see it.

Thanks.

Yeah, I remember watching documentaries on the rise of the Star Wars franchise. Quite inspiring what George Lucas was able to accomplish back then.

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2020, 3:04 pm

Its Star Wars The Clone Wars (2002) for the Xbox,
I think the first mission you got to play as Mace Windu fighting his way through droid armies on Geonosis. I might be wrong about that though. I'm not sure if it was Palpatine, it was quite a long time ago and the details have been lost to time. I just remember that it was a lot of fun.

I never saw world devastators before, since I only play as the Corporate Sector Authority and usually I'm fighting the New Republic or Warlord Zsinj, I felt that playing as the empire would be too easy since I could build an Executor-class star destroyer and steamroll the AI opponents.