Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BigSnoopy126
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2005, 3:38 pm

This is like the "something nice" thread, as I'm leaving on vacation and am getting tired of all the negative posts, especially in the friendship and interaction section (I am far too positive a person and am beginning to think I'm not an Aspie after all becasue so many posters seem so depressed on a few other threads). I may or may not be back now, but wanted to leave a nice legacy, a thread that can keep going for a long, long way.

The purpose of this thread is to post things that make us feel good, in the hopes that feeling good will rub off on others. Please, if you know someone ont his board who is depressed, posting a lot in the threads about fear over positive reactin, etc., please, invite them here. This is a place to help us think happy thoughts and be positive. It's a legacy from me to you, and that is something very important to me, an obsession almost. Anyway, here is my beginning:

I feel good that Jesus is real to me, and that no matter what people do to Christianity, the God who saved my soul is still true. Truth is not what people do to it, truth is what He declares, how He loves me unconditionally. Because people can lie, He can't.

I feel good that I see unconditional love in my stuffed animal "friends". They are a gift from God in my view.

I feel good that the grass is turning green and flowers are starting to bloom.

I feel good that there are good people int he world; I don't care about the bad becasue if I believe good of my enemies, it will pain them here or hereafter.

I feel good that people are nice to me, even if it's for selfish reasons it is still a measure of goodness that I can use to say "I feel positive" today and hereafter.

I feel good that somewhere, a person likes me and thinks I am special.

I feel good that a child called me the best Sunday School teacher. I will never let a compliment look bad to me because I refuse to think ill of others.

I feel good that the gifts I give for birthdays and Christmas can be treaured.

I feel good that my friend ANgela from grade school not only helped me but stil remembered me.

I feel good that I haved asked peole questions and they often have helped me.

Please, feel free to post about what makes you feel good. Because, I want to help others understand me better, that I am an Aspie, probably, and that one hallmark is I feel good, regardless of what other say or do. Specifics are quite welcome.

And thanks, everyone, for reading, from the house of a bunch of stuffed animals, this is Big Snoopy, signing off.

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2005, 7:47 am

Quote:
I am far too positive a person and am beginning to think I'm not an Aspie after all becasue so many posters seem so depressed on a few other threads

Well, depression isn't really a part of Asperger's, as in a symptom; but the Aspie/world-at-large interactions do tend to cause a lot of depression in the Aspies because they're in the minority.

I'm going to reply with something paraphrased from Ronia, the Robber's Daughter: "I feel good that you feel good."

magic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 9:45 am

Big Snoopy, thanks for your wonderful post. I hope you come back here after your vacation, and that we will enjoy reading more of your writings. I also try to focus on good things and ignore bad ones, it's more logical than the opposite!

Have a good vacation!