Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

IkkirBot
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2013, 11:27 am

So I'm new, haven't even finished my profile. I will, don't worry. Anyway, I'm 29, female, and I haven't been officially diagnosed but I know now that I'm an Aspie. I've always known I was different but couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I've recently gotten to know an Aspie and it made some things make sense, so I did some research. What I found explained everything. I took several online tests and scored pretty high. I'm just having a rough time. I'm not ashamed of it, I think Aspies are beautiful, amazing people. I'm nearly in love with the one I met recently. But it doesn't change how I view myself. I still feel so awkward and it's affecting my life and I don't have proof yet so it's hard to explain it to people without a piece of paper. I'm just wondering if anyone can share anything about working through the initial discovery and the feelings that come with it. Can't seem to express them all..

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 2:06 pm

Greetings and welcome to the Wrong Planet.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 4:11 pm

Hi there! Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 5:32 pm

Hi ya and Welcome!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 5:56 pm

Hi Ikkirbot! Welcome to Wrong Planet! Check out the many interesting and helpful forums here. I know just how you feel. Every now and then, I am tempted to contact the special school I went to for 4 years, decades ago, just to tell them that I finally found out what is wrong with me. However, the teachers and councilors there back then won't be there now, so there is no one there who would even remember me. I'm not even sure that the school still exists.

Well, keep on researching your condition. It will definitely help. And remember, you are among friends here at WP! :D