Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2017, 2:45 pm

I've had an account on this website before. I used it alot when I was in middle and highschool and it really helped me. Now that I'm in my mid twenties and I no longer have to focus solely on surviving the stresses of adolescence, I've learned I can spend more of my time discovering/creating my own identity and growing as a person. I came back because I want to be able do more for the autism community, and I want to be able to connect with others who need it the way I did.

It's nice to see how much this website has grown over the years. I was here before there was a LGBT+ board, it's nice that you guys got one now. (I identify as bisexual) Are there any other changes I should be aware of? Also when I was setting up this profile, I had to answer questions about the subject of autism. What was the purpose of those questions?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 7:18 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2017, 9:53 pm

I can't make my forum profile show my age, how do I do that?
And what do you guys think of my avatar?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:08 am

^ the page to edit it is *here*

under "Date of Birth", you enter it using hyphens like so: mm-dd-yy. i know the example says to use slashes, but that doesn't work for me, and most others it seems.

snollygoster wrote:
It's nice to see how much this website has grown over the years. I was here before there was a LGBT+ board, it's nice that you guys got one now. (I identify as bisexual) Are there any other changes I should be aware of? Also when I was setting up this profile, I had to answer questions about the subject of autism. What was the purpose of those questions?

i think that's an anti-spam measure alex added in just last year. we used to have a massive problem with spambots before that, it seems they have served their purpose. hope they weren't too intrusive. :P

the new colors might be a big change :lol: there are some browser addons that can help with that. the default hurts my eyes, personally, i use the "stylish" extension for google chrome, using a style created by user FMX that restores the colors to the old blue and green.

the PPR guidelines have been updated, but besides that not much has changed in the way of rules or etiquette. be prepared to see trump everywhere.the report button is a welcome addition.

custom rank is no longer a feature.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2017, 7:38 pm

You're right about the colors. It used to be alot greener and bluer, now it's mostly white.
I thought the captcha would have stopped the spambots? I do remember encountering trolls here and there, if it works to stop them, I wont complain. :)