Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Farunel
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2016, 12:28 am

Hello, everyone. I just joined this forum... clearly. Well. I've known I had aspies since I was around 13/14 of age, although my mom has suspected it since I was a lot younger. I am not diagnosed, I hope that isn't a problem... Although I am 100% sure of it- and I do really want to get a diagnosis, but finding the energy to actually start making that effort is well... a bit exhausting to say the least. I don't even know where to start.

Anyway, I joined in hopes of simply having more like-minded individuals around for me to throw ideas at and mingle with. I went on a binge of watching youtube videos and realized how poor my support really was for this, and felt like maybe a forum situation would be just the thing, as that is where I tend to be most comfortable. Since, I don't really feel comfortable expressing my feelings and thoughts with the people closest to me. (Pretty lame, I admit) I've also been struggling with extreme loneliness in the past 2 or 3 years... despite having people around who want to help me. I feel like an a**hole for not taking up their offers on it. *sigh*

Being me, I only looked at a couple few threads and then jumped right in. Is there anything I need to know or be aware of in regards to the community? As I post this I will go back and read some of the rules stickies and what-not.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:32 pm

Hey Farunel welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:45 pm

Welcome! Well, try not to necrobump - i.e., post in old threads. It's not technically against the rules, but it is frowned upon. Don't start too many threads at once, and especially don't start the same thread more than once. Other than that, just be nice, I guess.

Farunel
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2016, 5:36 pm

Tyvm everyone, I will keep all of that in mind. Although I don't think that will be a problem since those are all pretty standard across boards

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2016, 9:48 am

We don't really frown on resurrecting old threads. It seems to have happened quite a lot lately as far as I can see. It doesn't usually create any problems.

In fact some old dead threads could do with a bump now and then! Some of them are interesting but the OP and other respondents disappeared, so need some new input!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/