Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chirpy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2016, 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I am an almost 19 yo girl who's currently studying landscape architecture in university, and I am here because a few days ago my best friend, whose sister has self-diagnosed Asperger's, said I showed many traits of AS myself. She lended me a book about Asperger's in girls and women, and showed me the symptoms she thought applied to me. She said that if I could get to know my problems better, I could overcome them or at least know the reason why I act a certain way.
I don't really know how to feel about this, I'm not really convinced by self-diagnosis in the first place, and also I had thought I might have had AS back when I was 13 for some time, but then I had funnier things to do and I decided it wasn't important enough for me to spend my time thinking about it.
I haven't researched much yet, but as far as I understood females with AS tend to show less symptoms than males and their quirks are less evident (I know more about the typical "male" AS because I've been pretty sure for some time that my father has a mild version of it).
I have been diagnosed with social phobia in the past (but I think that was an incorrect diagnosis, as I don't show any relevant symptom of it anymore) and with ADD, but I think that I've gotten much more competent and capable in pretty much every aspect of my life in the last 5 years and my disorder (whichever I may have) doesn't really affect me much anymore. Therefore I'm not really sure if I have Aspeger's or not, I'm here just to understand something more about it, I might not have it, hope that doesn't make me look like an intruder to you.

When I'm more used to the forum I will make a post with all the traits I show and I don't show to ask for people's opinion.
(also, sorry if my English isn't great, I am not a native English speaker).

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 2:14 pm

Hey chirpy welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 5:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D