Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sameen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jul 2017, 6:56 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a single woman in my sixties living in Southern England and self-diagnosed. I first tried to get help forty odd years ago. I'd never heard of Autism or Asperger's Syndrome at the time, I just knew I had a problem relating to people and making real friends and was suffering from depression. I've tried a couple of times since, but each time I've been fobbed off. If you're able to hold down a job and pay tax they don't want to know. I've given up on that now. There isn't much point at my age and I'm now happily retired from work :D .

My user name is taken from the character Sameen Shaw in the TV series Person of Interest. I really like her. I'm also a fan of Mr Robot and am impatiently waiting for Season 3 to start.

I like the fact that WP has a forum for older people and also a women's forum. I have to say, though, that trying to
register here is like breaking into Fort Knox. It kept rejecting the security question answer even though I know I had
typed it correctly and it didn't like the way I entered the captcha thingy. It took half a dozen goes. I shall have to go and have a lie down now.

Bye.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 5:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Godknowsitried
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2017, 11:23 am

Hi! It's nice to hear experiences from people older than me, nice to have you on this site :D

Sameen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jul 2017, 2:54 pm

Thank you for your kind welcome.

The formatting seems to have gone a bit pear shaped at the end. Sorry about that.