Please can you get the server thing sorted out?

Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
It sounds like everyone here has great ideas on how to fix this site. With such a serious discussion about this I'm surprised Alex has not posted anything in this thread. It leaves the impression, rightly or wrongly (I honestly don't know which) that he doesn't care or perhaps doesn't have the time to deal with the WP forum.

I really doubt he's even seen this thread. He's been travelling non-stop for the last couple *months*

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 10:01 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
jackbus01 wrote:
It sounds like everyone here has great ideas on how to fix this site. With such a serious discussion about this I'm surprised Alex has not posted anything in this thread. It leaves the impression, rightly or wrongly (I honestly don't know which) that he doesn't care or perhaps doesn't have the time to deal with the WP forum.

I really doubt he's even seen this thread. He's been travelling non-stop for the last couple *months*

So, in other words "doesn't have the time to deal with the WP forum" would probably be the right answer.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

jackbus01 wrote:
sliqua-jcooter wrote:
jackbus01 wrote:

So, in other words "doesn't have the time to deal with the WP forum" would probably be the right answer.

There's a big difference between "dealing" with the forum and "actively monitoring threads". I spend anywhere between 1-3 hours per day on this site, and I can only keep up with the WP.net subforum, and occasionally a few others. Just because he hasn't read *this* thread, doesn't mean he isn't looking at the issue.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 6:28 am

He's had years.

I ported a million line codebase from Linux to Windows at airports.

I posted a lot of my responses to this thread at airports.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
He's had years.

I ported a million line codebase from Linux to Windows at airports.

I posted a lot of my responses to this thread at airports.

Similarly, I posted a lot of replies to this thread at varying places in Sydney.