Page 3 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 56  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

Those are good ideas!

With Alex making modifications to the site software, it would seem a perfect time to spruce up on some of the rules and 'quality of life' issues.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

One-on-one debates. I always liked this idea.

John_lzhc
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jan 2012, 2:00 pm

More than two gender options when signing up? It came up in the lgbt section that some genderqueer and genderfluid people felt quite uncomfortable with the signup process - exasperated on some counts by the aspy/autistic need for things to be correct rather than approximated (personally, it took me about a week to psych myself up for it) – and would like a more representative set of options.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

How about a feature for "answers to threads you have posted in"?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

How about a feature where you can view threads you have already posted in and view threads that were started by you?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

League_Girl wrote:
How about a feature where you can view threads you have already posted in and view threads that were started by you?

That's a much more succinct way of putting what I was wanting! Thank you League Girl!

Yes, to see all of them in some sort of side, optional list, would be good. Like on some sort of home page rather than a profile page only.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 4:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I think this already exists, it just is not that straightforward to access.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 7:48 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I am a little confused by this. The last checkbox when you make a reply at the bottom is "Notify me when a reply is posted." That is how I keep track of mine, because they are sent to the email I put in my profile. You have to be careful, because if you do not access the thread by your email, another message would not be sent to you. I am a little unsure what you mean by this statement, could you clarify?

There also should be a little line near the extreme bottom left of the thread to watch one without even having to post there.

###############################

I would at least like something in the Bipolar Forum concerning a disclaimer telling them to see a real doctor if they think they have problems. I know they want input from their peers, but I feel a little weird looking at some of the posts.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

you can see the threads you posted in by clicking "View your posts" on the main forum page (top right), but i am not sure if that is what you mean. also clicking this link would take you there:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forumssearch ... earch.html

i would like to be able to see the threads i started. an easy fix would be if alex made the headers on the page above "clickable" so a person could sort by author.

one other function i would like is the ability to follow a person's posts and get notification every time they posted.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2012, 11:08 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I am a little confused by this. The last checkbox when you make a reply at the bottom is "Notify me when a reply is posted." That is how I keep track of mine, because they are sent to the email I put in my profile. You have to be careful, because if you do not access the thread by your email, another message would not be sent to you. I am a little unsure what you mean by this statement, could you clarify?

There also should be a little line near the extreme bottom left of the thread to watch one without even having to post there.

###############################

I would at least like something in the Bipolar Forum concerning a disclaimer telling them to see a real doctor if they think they have problems. I know they want input from their peers, but I feel a little weird looking at some of the posts.

I think it be nice if you can go to your profile and browse threads that were started by you than viewing all posts you made. I have seen that feature on some forums. Having that notification thing isn't going to take you to show you the list of threads you have made.
all
On another forum I go to, I can click on someone's profile and click on "View all threads by this person" and it shows the threads they have made. That notify feature isn't going to show you all the threads that were started by a user either.

Hyperlexion, that link you showed does not show you only threads you have made, it shows you all the threads you have posted in. I would like a feature where you can view all the threads you made, not all the threads you have made posts in.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2012, 8:22 am

this idea crossed my mind a day or two ago after I came back

A lot of people these days have smart phones and I imagine many use those to access WrongPlanet, so, what I suggest is a mobile version of the site is made

for my personal website and my IRC network website I use something called Wap-2-Go, it's a mobile portal add-on for PHP-Nuke, it's not brilliant but it could work with WrongPlanet, in this day of Internet on the move I think it's a good idea

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

jlottosen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Make "Diagnosis" multiselect/checkbox - I'm asperger - and have family members with autism (my 2 boys). Consider suggestions on where to put additional diagnoses: signature/about. At discretion.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 11:18 pm

How about a column for how many views a thread has had? Another forum I'm on has that. It's useful for when you post an information thread that doesn't really need a reply. That way you can see if anyone is reading it or if you should reword the subject line.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 11:19 pm

Also a reputation system so that you can give positive, neutral and negative rep to other posters anonymously. There could also be a place under each post for rep comments, if people want to comment when they give rep.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2012, 1:07 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Also a reputation system so that you can give positive, neutral and negative rep to other posters anonymously. There could also be a place under each post for rep comments, if people want to comment when they give rep.

Ive seen the rep thing but everywhere Ive seen it it stated who gave whom what rep. Negatives where anonymous in some places though.

That being said there are enough members that think that this is a popularity contest and enforcing the rep thing would be just another reason for them to feel left out and complain about members not being aspie(apparently we should all like doing the same stuff)...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2012, 1:23 am

spongy wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Ive seen the rep thing but everywhere Ive seen it it stated who gave whom what rep. Negatives where anonymous in some places though.

That being said there are enough members that think that this is a popularity contest and enforcing the rep thing would be just another reason for them to feel left out and complain about members not being aspie(apparently we should all like doing the same stuff)...

I've seen anonymous rep. Also, rep could only be given for the contents of the post, not for the person. If something is helpful you get positive rep. If it's flaming you get negative rep. You don't leave a rep comment about the person, you leave it about the post itself. If it's about the person the mods remove it and the rep.