Page 40 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 56  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 1:20 am

Fnord wrote:
The website would have to be re-initialized for something so basic.

I wouldn't mind this. I think it would be awesome if WP switched to using Vbulletin or some other forum software. Maybe they could even do a donation drive to pay for it.

Anyway, I'd like to see support for images in signatures myself, mostly so that I can show off my CPU-Z banner. ;)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 2:56 am

^ i think we forbid those long ago because it was too distracting from the posts when taking ads and avatars into account, or something. it's somewhere deep in the dusty, unkempt archives of the mod area.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 11:42 am

Get a username policy for the site, and ban any accounts with usernames containing "baba ji" etc. (and give them the opportunity to appeal their ban by changing to a username that conforms to the policy, if they haven't spammed or trolled). This should help prevent spamming.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm

The mobile version is a pure nightmare - without the choice to reach the full site, I have no idea how it is. Not talking about colors or, technically and use.

It literally jumps, and keeps jumping, like you can't even click.

While writing a message, you can't reach lower lines if clicking to edit (without editing, while wrinting), when the post gets longer, although not this long, just trespassing the box, then you to delete that longer part, entirely.

On mobile, you can only post one pic by one.

My suggestion would be to make it at least possible to access a full site version. I searched and saw that nowhere. Or make "endless"message post.

Also, when the message is long, capchas are asked. I have an anti virus and no S... on my phone. It's incredibly difficult to post whatever then.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:16 pm

Editing or quoting buttons/functions mostly never work either too. Could be the jumping.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
Look, the CAPTCHA is a PROBLEM.

I understand bugs, and the need to prevent robospam, but it's ridiculous. No other CAPTCHA on any other board or blog I visit behaves like this. Sometimes it's endless, sometimes it eats your post, sometimes you can get it back and sometimes you can't, sometimes it kicks you out entirely.

I totally agree. It's getting out of control, and driving users away.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm

^^^ My right above post. Why stay where you can't write, so express anything beyond the superficial, which that site is mostly about, tolerance about diversity.

Don't think about the criticism, think about the goal, and what actually can be improved for all of us. Willing to help (no programming - the rest).

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 12:52 pm

I want to add a few lines. I know it's a suggestions/negative thread. But it is WORTH improving it.

It's a place that is a safety valve for many people who have nothing else. ASD, neurodiverse.

It is friendly to NTs who are friendly, with a neurodiverse family member or not. People who want to learn.

The moderation is good and productive. There is mostly respect on that site while still freedom to express things a non rigid way, sense of humor, as long as not decaying for a person here. Believe it or not, that's amazing. There is a fluid communication here.

A resource place for specific experiences. And talk about specific or other (arts, science...) open to anyone respectful.

I don't go anywhere on the internet, I'm picky. That's my top place so far (after yeeears).

It's more than worth improvi.g it. I'm also into the associtive work, and things are changing towards tolerance and consuming otherwise. That's the spirit.

Still willing to bring help for that.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 7:43 am

Danae wrote:
The mobile version is a pure nightmare - without the choice to reach the full site, I have no idea how it is. Not talking about colors or, technically and use.

It literally jumps, and keeps jumping, like you can't even click.

I haven't had those kinds of problems with the mobile site, but I haven't tried it on a phone, just on the Nintendo 3DS.
The only problem I've had is that sometimes it thinks I'm logged out, but if I try to click on "log in", it suddenly remembers that I already am!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 1:46 am

Catlover5 wrote:
Get a username policy for the site, and ban any accounts with usernames containing "baba ji" etc. (and give them the opportunity to appeal their ban by changing to a username that conforms to the policy, if they haven't spammed or trolled). This should help prevent spamming.

they'll get around that pretty quickly i'd think. i've seen spammers with usernames consisting of literal gibberish, the kind you'd get it you smashed your head on the keyboard.

i doubt its possible with this software to actually change a members username and retain all those posts. probably would cause indexing problems. starting anew wouldn't be so bad if they made only a couple of posts before, otherwise...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:21 pm

What's stopping the staff here from exporting the posts, users, etc. here to a database and importing them onto a completely new site? WP in its current state is BROKEN.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 1:36 am

it's expensive. but that just might be radical enough to...make a difference.

hm... :chin:

NeoWP? WrongPlan3t?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 2:10 am

Ignore function for members and threads.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 2:21 am

-Archiving/possible compression of topics 3-5+ years old from all boards.
-Reduction of number of PM's anyone can store.
-Change the forum software :P

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 7:10 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
it's expensive. but that just might be radical enough to...make a difference.

hm... :chin:

NeoWP? WrongPlan3t?

Perhaps there could be a funding drive, or at least a prominent donation button on the front page? I actually tried looking for a donation button here once since I felt like showing my support.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 2:03 am

there used to be a WP funding drive long ago on the old site to fund hosting costs, but that page is orphaned now and i doubt it works anymore. right now. alex is your best bet if you want to donate. :?

we really could use donations. i'd fork over some money to keep the site afloat.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.