Feedback on the NEW WrongPlanet site.

Page 15 of 21 [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

Earlier today something really weird was happening with the site. Twice when I logged in I was taken to another users account page. The other several times I tried to log in I would be logged in to my account (taken to my account page) and then either be instantly logged out as soon as I navigated away from the my account page, or be taken to the my account page every time I hit "post reply" or "new topic".

Love transcends all.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:11 am

Earlier on, I remember having trouble logging in, and when I was able to log in, it wouldn't let me reply to any posts or post any topics, at least not on my desktop. I was able to post and reply on my phone, however. I thought it had something to do with some of the addons I had installed on Pale Moon, but disabling them didn't do a thing for me.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 2:03 am

tried to change my avatar today to a pic of my niece. shows up fine on my profile but it hasn't 'translated' onto here. huh.

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Earlier on, I remember having trouble logging in, and when I was able to log in, it wouldn't let me reply to any posts or post any topics, at least not on my desktop. I was able to post and reply on my phone, however. I thought it had something to do with some of the addons I had installed on Pale Moon, but disabling them didn't do a thing for me.

it's almost the opposite with me, i never get automatically logged out on desktop, phone is a different matter.
this morning on mobile, i was logged in when i first accessed wp, i refreshed and i was still logged in, but it logged me out when i went to post.
i logged back in again, did my business and closed the tab. another tab i opened beforehand had me logged out, and i thought i would be logged in automatically if i refreshed but no...i was asked to log in again.

4 times!

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2015, 9:29 am

I have 5 feedback comments to make:
1. Age is automatically filled in for the year 2000 if you leave it blank.
2. The auto-completed age is visible when I view the profile when I am not signed in, but is not visible when I am signed in, which made it difficult to know there was a mistake unless I check the profile as a guest. I found this flaw by accident.
3. There needs to be 2 separate search boxes: one for a general search, one to search the forum thread you are reading. It is currently all in one. The search box is located outside the thread of interest. This makes it unassociated. I would like to be able to search a thread's replies, a forum topic, or a general search if I do not know what a topic would be called. The general and the forum searches exist, but the thread search is missing.
4. I appreciate the auto-spell checker in the textboxes.
5. I appreciate that this site exists.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 10:57 am

I do like the new design but have noticed a couple of discrepancies. When I look at my own profile, it states that I am 45 years of age when I'm actually 21 and my birth date states as such when I look at the "My Account" tab. I'm also unable to figure out how to edit my avatar or signature with this new layout and my avatar isn't showing up on all of my posts. Is anyone else having difficulty with either of this? Or am I just missing something?

echinopsis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2015, 8:04 pm

there seems to be a major bug with sending private messages. its impossible for me to send one since sunday.

when submitting a message im always asked for captchas, just to be redirected to the initial reply page (without my message) after i entered them. trying to get a preview or to save the draft results in the same procedure and there is also no difference between using the reply to message or the compose message option. i can assure you that my image processing algorithms are advanced enough to answer correctly.

i very much hope this is not a feature, if you have any suggestions on updates i might need etc please let me know.

echinopsis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2015, 6:49 am

update on that: sending shorter pms works just fine as it avoids the whole captchas detour. the limit seems to be around 10,000 - 15,000 characters. just wanted to put that out there since the probability that someone else might go a little overboard with rambling on about their special interests as well is relatively high around here and it didnt immediately occur to me that simply chunking the message could be a quick workaround. (:

AnthonyBurche
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2015, 4:48 pm

I like the registration process a bit more and the color scheme is nice at first it was way too bright now its better.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 6:36 am

I know other people have already complained about this, but my age is wrong. I never even input my actual age, so why does my profile say I'm 15 years old?

Cheesecake
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Mar 2015, 2:14 pm

I'm new here so unsure about the old site - but I like the site I see now. Colour scheme is good, although text looks very small?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2015, 7:51 pm

I'd like to know when the avatar bug is going to be fixed. I've been trying to edit my avatar since February 7th.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 1:55 am

LonelyJar wrote:
I know other people have already complained about this, but my age is wrong. I never even input my actual age, so why does my profile say I'm 15 years old?

have you tried changing the birthdate format from using slashes to - hyphens? that worked for me and a couple of other users.

note you won't be able to 'hide' it like you could on the old site.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
LonelyJar wrote:

have you tried changing the birthdate format from using slashes to - hyphens? that worked for me and a couple of other users.

The birthdate format on my profile DOES use hyphens. What do you mean by not being "able to 'hide' it", Kip?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm

oh. :? i tried it again and it did work, and i don't see why it would discriminate. all i have to tell you is, you might want to double check if you're using the full year (YYYY instead of YY) or day/month aren't switched?

what i meant by "hidden" is, you could have an age set into your profile to access the Adult forum, but you could choose not to have it publicly displayed, in the profile or author panel. the birthday privacy level.

now, there doesn't seem to be an option. granted, if you don't have it set, the default is a rather mature 45 (or 15).

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

APV83
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm

Perhaps this new technology on WP will make it easier formods or Alex to merge my two accounts. My old account is banned and its username is also on a RipOff Report I wrote about a controversial nonprofit in my area. They wrote my legal name into one of their retaliations against the report, which is why it'd really help if my two accounts on WP could be merged and ALL my posts 2007-now were displayed under APV83 ONLY. WP is THE ONLY message board whose operators have refused to do that for me. Everywhere else I had used my "RipOff Report username" was operated by kinder people who were willing to merge accounts or change usernames for vanity purposes.

Better yet, if users with 100+ posts could change their own usernames, that'd be even cooler! A year ago I was on a sex advice forum where I got verbally abused and the operators refused to referee the fights at all. At least there I could change my own username, and that helped A LOT. They even deleted all my posts at my request.

I have already noticed that posts can be deleted by their authors. If this would no longer have a time limit, that'd help.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 7:55 am

LonelyJar wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
LonelyJar wrote:

The birthdate format on my profile DOES use hyphens. What do you mean by not being "able to 'hide' it", Kip?

Check if the month and day parts of your birthdate is the right way around. It must be in the format mm-dd-yyyy. My birthdate also used hyphens but the reason why I still had the problem was because the day and month was in the wrong order.