Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 8:20 pm

screen_name wrote:
In the US, 1 in 4 women will be raped. I suspect the chance is higher among autistic women who are often more naive (myself included...as being both naive and the 1 in 4).

And, no, I do not want to knowingly converse with rapists. Not at this point in my life.

I fall within those parameters too. Naïveté was my case as well. (I don't know the Canadian stats, but assume they are similar. )

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 1:33 am

AnneOleson wrote:
I think the person doesn't understand that it was rape.

It seems like lot of rapists don't know it's rape. I know just by reading and hearing from their perspective and there was some article I read online where these guys unknowingly admitted to they would rape a woman even though they didn't flat out say "I would rape a woman yes."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 2:32 am

League_Girl wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

It seems like lot of rapists don't know it's rape. I know just by reading and hearing from their perspective and there was some article I read online where these guys unknowingly admitted to they would rape a woman even though they didn't flat out say "I would rape a woman yes."

Salon--The ugly truth about sexual assault: More men admit to it if you don’t call it rape

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 1:42 pm

wilburforce wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

Salon--The ugly truth about sexual assault: More men admit to it if you don’t call it rape

Wow.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 6:05 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

Wow.

Yup. This is exactly why rape is so common, and why it is more likely to be done by someone you know than a stranger in an alley--more men are capable of rape then we like to think because they can do rape but then call it something else in their heads, so they don't have to feel like a rapist even though they actually are rapists. I've personally known a guy that I know raped one of my friends when we were in high school that would never think of himself as a rapist, even though that's exactly what he is--I know he doesn't think so because years later he tried to contact me on Facebook to hang out and I just said "No, I don't hang out with date-rapists" and then I blocked him. I'm sure he had completely forgotten that I knew what he did to my friend, and it didn't occur to him that I would care or that I would consider it rape. For a LOT of dudes, date-rape isn't considered rape-rape; forcing someone you know to have sex doesn't count, it's only if you attack a stranger by knifepoint or something, according to a good third of college-age men.

It's really upsetting that it's the WORD that is the problem for them, not the ACTION of raping. Our society is so messed up.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm

League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This has been bugging me, there's a member (no need to name him, mods know; and I am not referring to Rxby) who explicity admitted of committing rape against his lady; his rape post simply got deleted but....

...how comes he is still a member here and posting as if we saw nothing?

Because he didn't break any rules?

There is nothing in the rules that say "Do not rape anyone in real life. We do not welcome rapists on this forum."

We don't welcome rapists to a civilized society, when they rape, they go to jail.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 9:31 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This has been bugging me, there's a member (no need to name him, mods know; and I am not referring to Rxby) who explicity admitted of committing rape against his lady; his rape post simply got deleted but....

There is nothing in the rules that say "Do not rape anyone in real life. We do not welcome rapists on this forum."

We don't welcome rapists to a civilized society, when they rape, they go to jail.

Most of them don't go to jail because so many cases go unreported.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:27 pm

League_Girl wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

True. 97 of Every 100 Rapists Receive No Punishment, RAINN Analysis Shows

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:48 pm

League_Girl wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

An unfortunate fact, but I just meant they should be in jail for being uncivilized. There is plenty of injustice in this world.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 10:57 pm

wilburforce wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

True. 97 of Every 100 Rapists Receive No Punishment, RAINN Analysis Shows

And it's particularly bad in certain parts of the world and cultures.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:09 am

Well, it takes baby steps to change the mess in the world, how about to start here?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 2:59 am

Why can't we just report the guy. Is this the member you are talking about?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99172

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 4:38 am

Shahunshah wrote:
Why can't we just report the guy. Is this the member you are talking about?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99172

Nope, not this one, I have checked some his posts and this one rants violent things - but I don't know if he admitted committing rape.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 4:45 am

it's indeed very disturbing and i see why some here may feel endangered, but there's not much that can be done if nobody knows who it is exactly.

have you PMed a mod?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 6:44 am

The mods can ask the mod who deleted his posts; I think there's only one mod taking care of L&D.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The mods can ask the mod who deleted his posts; I think there's only one mod taking care of L&D.

That would be easy if we knew who the mod who deleted the posts was. It is true that some mods have particular territory they stick to, but this doesn't mean that mod is the only one who might ever act there. It would be really helpful if you could provide more information about this.

In general, if someone posts very offensive material, they may be banned quickly as a troll. If someone posts a serious post that contains offensive material, they get a warning and only face a ban after ignoring several warnings. I don't know the details of the post you are discussing, so I don't know where it would fall in those calculations, but it's possible the member may have been warned but is being given a chance to get it right going forward.