Page 11 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
I see no hate here Joe, maybe a bit of snark but no hate :?:

I don't want the snark. I feel they are humiliating me but since they are the mod's favourites their posts won't be taken down. Mine will be though.

Yes I'll make a crap mod because I'm a crap person, so just delete this f*****g thread and delete the mocking posts in the moderators attention thread which the mods still haven't done. If I was a mod I could just f*****g delete them myself.

I suggest you take your mind off the subject for a bit, go and have some fun then come back when you aren't as angry.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:24 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I said I’d leave if someone was made a mod who proclaimed that they wanted to be one for the power.

It was a general statement, not about you solely and specifically.

You need to stop taking things so personally.

Well if people weren't so snarky with me then maybe I wouldn't be taking things so personally here. I'm fed up, what with all the stress I have going on in my life, I get flack here. Who even bumped this topic and why?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:27 pm

^ You can’t dictate how other people respond to you. The only response you can control is your own.

If you have a lot of stress in your life, you don’t need the additional stress of modding. It’s probably difficult to see how stressful that can be.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:30 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
^ You can’t dictate how other people respond to you. The only response you can control is your own.

If you have a lot of stress in your life, you don’t need the additional stress of modding. It’s probably difficult to understand how stressful that can be.

The mods can dictate though. Whenever I've been snarky before (or accused of being snarky just for getting someone's gender wrong) my posts got deleted and I got a warning. It seems others can post what they like. The double standards get to me. If I were a mod there'd be no double standards. I'd treat everyone equally.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:31 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
What IS the Mario Kart challenge? I imagine it must relate to the Mario brothers games? So is it done virtually? :nerdy:

Did you get my PM?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:33 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

If you have a lot of stress in your life, you don’t need the additional stress of modding. It’s probably difficult to understand how stressful that can be.

The mods can dictate though. Whenever I've been snarky before (or accused of being snarky just for getting someone's gender wrong) my posts got deleted and I got a warning. It seems others can post what they like. The double standards get to me. If I were a mod there'd be no double standards. I'd treat everyone equally.
But you don’t have the full picture. You are only seeing things from your own perspective. I think the mods have been extremely fair. It’s not like you’ve been permanently banned.

I’m not seeing double standards. Sorry.

Snarking about some topics is less problematic than snarking at others, so it’s not an equal comparison.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 19 May 2023, 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 3:34 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Who even bumped this topic and why?

That would be me and the reason was because we were asked to use this thread to discuss mods (i.e not spam the Mod Attn thread with useless noise)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 May 2023, 3:39 pm

The thread needs review and some cleaning up. Temporarily locked for review as there have been a couple posts that cross the line of decency. Not many.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 May 2023, 4:02 pm

NB NB MOD NOTE

Please let's not have any further emotion based remarks on here, ones thrown in the heat of the moment. Only comments that are on topic and don't contain needless additions. Thank you.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:09 pm

Joe90 wrote:

To be fair, do you follow every single members' posts to notice what gets deleted, or if a word gets changed here or there? How would you know if other people have warnings or not unless they announce it to you, or complain about it in Mod Attention? I don't even know when people are banned, let alone warned. It seems like confirmation bias because you notice what happens to you, whereas it's impossible to notice or know what happens to all others.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:14 pm

I know it happens to others of course but I was referring to some posts made against me, to me, that don't "cross the line" but would if I had made the same remark to someone.

But I don't want to carry on this argument any more, as Enviro has already cleared up this thread. (Not saying you're causing any arguments but I know things will heat up again if I don't shut up so it's best I shut up).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:20 pm

Also, your recent post about being hated came right after I explained the Satan thing. I don't know if my post prompted it, or if that was coincidental. My modding has nothing to do with WP or AF or any other autism site. It's not even for autistic people. I only mentioned it as an example to show how crazy modding can get, and how hard it is to be a public target for backlash from people who troll or want to cause harm.

As for favourites I really don't know what you mean. I'm not a mod here but I know enough about the site politics to see that all decisions are made carefully after weighing a lot of evidence from all concerned parties. It's not a country club or tea party behind the scenes and mods aren't ganging up on anyone, or siding with their "friends". I doubt they have time to be "friends" beyond basic housekeeping correspondence.

I get the feeling you think I'm one of those "friends". The connotation is even more disrespectful to the mods than it is to me or anyone else you might consider an insider. For the record I've had run-ins with pretty much all the mods. I've had disagreements and been shot down by Enviro, Walrus, magz, and even CF over the years, but they also show me where I might have gone wrong or a rule wasn't really broken. (Mods - I hope it's OK that I said that.) I've even had differences of opinion with Recidivist when he was a mod. A difference of opinion or even admitting I'm wrong (or sometimes in my mind they're wrong), isn't the end of the world. No one deserves special treatment so long as they're following the rules as best as possible, and treating members the way they'd want to be treated themselves.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I know it happens to others of course but I was referring to some posts made against me, to me, that don't "cross the line" but would if I had made the same remark to someone.
You can’t know that unless you actually made the same remark.

You seem to think that posts are equally bad when there’s actually a fair amount of nuance. Remarks directed against a person’s gender identity or sexuality will probably elicit a stronger pushback from the mods than a mild personal attack.

It’s not entirely black and white. You are not treated unfairly. You are still here after all. If people have had many warnings and are still here, I think that demonstrates that mods are being accommodating, not biased, since they could just ban you. (I’m not saying that you have had many warnings. It’s just a possibility.)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:34 pm

Quote:
Also, your recent post about being hated came right after I explained the Satan thing. I don't know if my post prompted it, or if that was coincidental. My modding has nothing to do with WP or AF or any other autism site. It's not even for autistic people. I only mentioned it as an example to show how crazy modding can get, and how hard it is to be a public target for backlash from people who troll or want to cause harm.

It's got nothing to do with anything you posted.
And to say you've had run-ins with mods as much as I have gives a clue that they don't have it in for me.

I think I just get a chip on my shoulder about rules and stuff. Each time I try and move on I suddenly get myself tangled up in an argument that ends up with me mindlessly taking something personally. Ugh. Where's my brain?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:36 pm

Gender, sexuality, and race are all given special protection in the rules. ^ ^

Perhaps that's why issues on those topics are treated more conclusively than other topics of personal attack or even indirect personal attack, which are more nuanced and open to interpretation like TP described.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2023, 4:38 pm

And I'm hardly a friend of the mods, you know my dark past Joe.