Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 1:19 pm

I had my philosophy mid-term today, and I think I bombed it.

It's not like I didn't study, I re-read my notes 10 times. I just can't process abstract thoughts like I thought I could.

If I drop, I have to take it again, and I may lose financial aid. If I don't drop, I will get an F and have to take it again.

And my graduation would be delayed until May 2010, rather than December 2009.

I talked to both my professor and the special populations advisor, and it wasn't enough.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 2:23 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

If I drop, I have to take it again, and I may lose financial aid. If I don't drop, I will get an F and have to take it again.

Philosophy is a very tough course...and not an easy one to study for when required for exams. You can always explain why an
F exists on your college transcript and the repeat grade will hold more weight in the calculation of your cumulative GPA. Why
jeopardize losing your financial aid by withdrawing this late in the semester?

Also, it often makes more sense to graduate in the Spring rather than in December...unless you have a job lined up to begin in
January.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 9:40 pm

Tim, you've dropped a few classes by now, right? One or two dropped classes aren't really an issue, as a matter of fact I may be dropping one of my own this semester, but if you rack up enough of them it will be detrimental to your transcript.

Sometimes, you just gotta give it your all. Get a tutor, cut into free time, and try your best to simply pass - even if it may be with a D or low C.

chever
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 9:54 pm

What are your problems with philosophy? I don't intend to make you look bad, but philosophy always came easy for me. (And, doubtlessly, there are things you can do better than I can.)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 10:21 pm

Everyone has those type of classes that are difficult. Economics is my hardest class but I never dropped out because I kept pushing myself to do my very best in that class as well.