Can I talk of my first day of class?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:23 pm

I decided at the last minute last night to change to ALL Online courses since the bus would be a 2hr. drive 4 hr. on campus (not counting 1hr. 30min. class so YES over 5hr.) That's for ONE class!! ! So I changed to Online for this semester. Since it was last minute only Health (which I've had scheduled online for a few months was in the database. (The school said they'd update it tomorrow) I have different assignments and basically outside of the test exam Oct. 4th for Unit 1 I have all the work up to Sept. 15th done!

YES 2 weeks of work in 1 day LOL! I had to do a behavior project and as a Psychology major I take to behavior stuff like a fish to water LOL! Plus IMO it was fairly easy create short term/long term goals etc. I chose something simple Bills. I do my finances all the time anyway so why not use THAT for a project. I emailed him he said that was fine. I also had to answer a question from the textbook. Out of 35 questions from the first Unit Chapters 1,2,13,14. I had already read Chapter 1 (none of the others yet) and I was assigned Question #9 (Part of the Chapter 1 list which goes up to 11 then 12- chapter 2 and it breaks from there) SCORE!

I got Question #9 a fairly simple question. :-) The other 3 assignments for Sept. are 1) Current Event 2) View X site and answer questions and 3) Research another students Question that they answer. (AKA present data/facts). Overall I'm having a BLAST!! !! Ahh sweet College OH HOW I MISSED YE!! !! !! (Hopefully my Business Ethics and Statistics are online tomorrow and all 3 teachers got RAVE REVIEWS SCORE YA I WIN!! !! !! !)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 9:45 pm

Sounds like you made the right choice with the online courses. That's a lot of time for one class especially since you're expected to put in a certain number of hours outside of each class. This way you won't be overextending yourself. My younger brother kept trying to work full time while taking a full course load. It didn't work and he ending up quitting and not going back until he was in his 30's. It sounds like things are off to a good start though. You are very productive. :)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:50 pm

NICE I wish I were that prepared for the start of school!

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 12:44 am

ALL on line??????

You were home-schooled, you have spend enough of your academic life at home, m'dear.

I am so proud, and a little jealous of you too. Will your mom know to leave you alone and let you study when you need to without giving you any grief for being alone?

Good for you!! !! !! !! !! !! !

:)