Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm

I just got my AS results this week on the phone because I was waiting ages for them through the post and I've got really lousy grades. I hate the examiners. :evil:
I got a B, C and a D. :( So now I'll have to get them remarked as they are clearly wrong (except the B possibly :) ).

Has anyone else got papers remarked before? I'm kinda worried about it since I really need higher grades. I mean hell, I worked hard enough all year and I thought that my exams went well. I suppose I have to hope I get remarked fairly. I'm even more annoyed though because I know people who ain't done jack all year will have done better than me. :lol: So typical.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 6:34 am

Apart from the D, those are not terrible grades. Remember, a C is a pass.

I've had GCSE papers remarked before, and it came back exactly the same in my case, but that's because I was only one mark off of a C and they would have therefore checked it again anyway to try and give me the higher grade. If you were a few marks off, the remarking could be useful for you. It's a game of chance though, all I can say is good luck.

VolcanicEruptions
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2010, 2:51 pm

I agree completely with Asp-Z. It's definitely worth having the papers remarked if you aren't pleased with them and you were just a few marks off your desired grade. I've never had any papers remarked, so I cannot say what the process or anything like that involves.

I took half of my GCSEs a year early, and retook one I had taken at the beginning of Year 10, but I ended up receiving the same grade for the retake; English Language, this of which I got a B on. I can't complete the papers, but I'm still satisfied with my results.

The results I received on results day were as follows;
English Language (Retake) - B
English Literature - A (To my surprise!)
Art - B
French - B
Science B - B
Core Science - A and B, however I am certain that I have an A for this now I have resubmitted coursework for this.

For English Language, Art, French and Science I received 46 points each - around 6 points off an A, but I'm not going to retake them..

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2010, 2:53 pm

VolcanicEruptions wrote:
I agree completely with Asp-Z. It's definitely worth having the papers you aren't pleased with if you were just a few marks off your desired grade. I've never had any papers remarked, so I cannot say what the process or anything involves.

I took half of my GCSEs a year early, and retook one I had taken at the beginning of Year 10, but I ended up receiving the same grade for the retake; English Language, this of which I got a B on. I can't complete the papers, but I'm still satisfied with my results.

The results I received on results day were as follows;
English Language (Retake) - B
English Literature - A (To my surprise!)
Art - B
French - B
Science B - B
Core Science - A and B, however I am certain that I have an A for this now I have resubmitted coursework for this.

For English Language, Art, French and Science I received 46 points each - around 6 points off an A, but I'm not going to retake them..

These are very good marks. At my school, the art exams are mainly all practical work, is this the case at your school?

VolcanicEruptions
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2010, 4:06 pm

Thank you, and yes; although there is some written work involved.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 9:35 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Apart from the D, those are not terrible grades. Remember, a C is a pass.

At GCSE, a C is a pass, but at A-level (so AS and A2) an E is a pass. You only fail AS/A2 exams if you don't get an E grade, so you'd get a U.