Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2013, 10:59 am

Those of you who have read previous posts by me know about the stuff I had to put up with in college due to my Asperger's (the worst of which was getting kicked out of student teaching for things that I couldn't control and then being forced to take three classes in place of it).

Well, I finished those three classes, and I'm graduating now (3.7 GPA, magna cum laude).

The thing is, since I don't have a teaching certification (due to the circumstances mentioned above), I don't know what kinds of jobs I can get with only a special education degree. I don't want to go back to school, but I'm pretty sure I have to.

I need to get a job and get out of the house. Dad seems to be "joking" about booting me out more and more, and it scares me.

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

First of all, congratulations on graduating! :)
Second, I'm not sure any advice I could give would be helpful, but I'm fairly certain that your dad is just kidding about you moving out. It's tough nowadays getting out there in the world on your own, and you don't need to be scared of the constant jabs your dad makes at you. I hope this helps?