Page 3 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm

I studied Automotive Technology, and I'm trying to go back to school for mechanical engineering.

Kimbosqui
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm

My major is nursing. My mother is a nurse and I've spent a lot of time in hospital, so it just feels natural to me. I mainly want to go into maternity nursing. I've read many times on these forums that nursing is a BAD career for us from people with experience. We'll see.

OCD

Aspie quiz score: 148 out of 200

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2015, 8:51 pm

Quote:
I've read many times on these forums that nursing is a BAD career for us

I find the same is said on here about acting and performing, yet here I am majoring in theatre arts.

You never know what you will enjoy doing until you actually do it.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm

I'm hoping to study German, Music Technology, Computer Science, and Maths as A Levels in September.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2015, 5:42 am

Computer science. I love the amount of math and thinking it involves.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 7:59 am

AutumnSylver wrote:
Here's a picture of the glowing E.coli in case anyone is curious
(The bottom left is the one with the gene to make it glow. The rest are controls).

I love that!! I'm having to take microbiology lab this Fall (it wasn't required before) and I was a little upset about it, but I think I'm going to really like it! It's been a long time since I've been in a lab.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 8:11 am

Kimbosqui wrote:
My major is nursing. My mother is a nurse and I've spent a lot of time in hospital, so it just feels natural to me. I mainly want to go into maternity nursing. I've read many times on these forums that nursing is a BAD career for us from people with experience. We'll see.

Woo Hoo! You can do it! Go for the bachelor degree as its the least amount of education that is going to be needed. Is your Ma an Aspie too?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

pineapplehead
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2015, 11:00 pm

I've been out of school for a while now, but I majored in economics. Do NOT major in economics.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 3:32 pm

I'm majoring in social sciences with an emphasis in psychology. Also had to study two other areas- I chose sociology and political science. In addition, I'm getting a certificate in personal computers. I hated political science, thankfully that part is over.

mochinokitusentakk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2015, 11:29 pm

My current major is linguistics, but I've found I'm more interested in the psychology / cognitive science of linguistics, so I'm hoping to change my major to psychology (with a cognitive neuroscience track). Unfortunately, my university will not let me switch my major to psychology until I raise my GPA. I had a rough first 2 semesters due to depression, an untreated anxiety disorder, and my Asperger's not being diagnosed until this summer... I'm hoping that with more support I'll do better this year. I'm going to be taking a cognitive psychology course which I am very excited about :)

sailamont
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2015, 1:12 pm

My university has the option to enter a "programme" rather than having the traditional major/minor. The difference between the two is that a programme has more courses on one's particular area of study, with fewer electives (it's more focused), and then in the last two years one can choose to specialize. It also means I don't have to take any English, humanities, or biology courses, which makes me smile every time I think about it. My programme is Mathematical Physics. It's an honours BSc.

I love the calculus, especially completing proofs, and physics is my special interest. I am most excited for the quantum mechanics courses in the upper years.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 7:00 am

After completing a local university's aptitude test, I've applied to enroll onto a computer engineering course. It's set to begin early next month, but I fear that it will be too challenging and thus may opt out.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 9:30 am

I'm finishing a MS in sociology and starting a PhD in the same next year. I like it because you can research social problems, talk/write about them, and then let people find solutions for themselves instead of imposing solutions on them.

I don't like being surrounded by people who look down on people with harder jobs and less formal education.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 12:16 pm

JakeASD wrote:
After completing a local university's aptitude test, I've applied to enroll onto a computer engineering course. It's set to begin early next month, but I fear that it will be too challenging and thus may opt out.

This may now be cancelled due to the exorbitant tuition fees the course would incur.

It's difficult to justify spending over £5000 on a qualification that merely equates to two A Levels.

Does anyone know of any reputable online companies, who are reasonably priced, based in the UK and offer online IT courses?

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm

I study social insect behavior and ecology. Hope to defend and get my PhD this spring.

Anyone else think it's interesting how many of us study cognition and sociality?

a_dork
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2015, 4:39 am

AutumnSylver wrote:
Here's a picture of the glowing E.coli in case anyone is curious
(The bottom left is the one with the gene to make it glow. The rest are controls).

It looks like constellations in the night sky :). I remember doing a bacterial transformation in my biotech class, only we didn't use E.Coli.

― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz