Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Beansie
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2017, 7:54 pm

Do you enjoy band? I love band! I play clarinet and I am in 10th grade. I've been playing the clarinet since 5th grade and the alto sax since 7th grade. I auditioned for All-State band and I got second alternate. I auditioned for the Macy's Great American Marching Band this year and I will find out if I got in around May 30. In one piece entitled Americans We, I play the Eb clarinet. I take private lessons as well as regular band lessons. I am also in the musical pit band on the clarinet and alto sax. I am also in jazz band on the alto sax mainly and clarinet and I had a big solo on the sax in a piece entitled For My Dad and everyone loved it! This year I auditioned for the vibes in pit percussion for the first time, so in marching band I am now in pit.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:40 pm

in 5th and 8th grade, played clarinet

for 2 weeks, in 9th grade, played trombone in marching band.

sometimes wonder what it would be like if i were to have kept going with trombone.

but whatever.

at this point, i am 34 years old. no $$ to take lessons or rent/buy a trombone. neighbors might complain about practicing trombone. although those idiots have a rooster that crows at 4am.

and besides, i no longer want to play trombone.

no band to play in.

if i joined a band, have to pay for it. costs $$. social interactions.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Never been in band. But my brother was. He was in from 6th grade til he graduated last May. Never wanted to be in band because I suck with making music or making music rhythm.

Beansie
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2017, 1:01 pm

Corny, what instrument did your brother play?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 1:04 pm

Beansie wrote:
Corny, what instrument did your brother play?

The French Horn.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 4:57 pm

How I wish I could still play the clarinet (carpal tunnel in both hands took care of me ever picking up the horn without massive amounts of pain.) Besides, everything changed for me after Dad died 31 years ago. I no longer was having fun, and work took up all the free time I had. I was playing clarinet (as well as piano) from the age of 10 until I was in my mid 30's.