Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 6:22 pm

I’ve never understood how people can decide so young to stop learning so many things, and be so sure they’ll never be useful to them. I certainly didn’t realize that stuff “isn’t real” at sixteen, nor ten years later, nor twenty.

It’s no secret I suck at life, but that haste to stop learning is one of the few things I don’t envy in most people.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2018, 7:15 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
I’ve never understood how people can decide so young to stop learning so many things, and be so sure they’ll never be useful to them. I certainly didn’t realize that stuff “isn’t real” at sixteen, nor ten years later, nor twenty.

It’s no secret I suck at life, but that haste to stop learning is one of the few things I don’t envy in most people.

I by no means want to stop learning. I love learning if the information interests or benefits me.

I just want to stop this vicious cycle of pretending to learn things by cramming them in my head for a day, only for them to immediately float away afterward and for me to realize I'm never going to use said information again.