Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2018, 9:24 pm

Somehow I managed to get through a bachelor's degree, pre-master's program and ~90/120 credit hours through an extensive MDiv program without learning how to write a paper.

I realized, after completely bombing a course due to this that this is a significant source of stress for me in trying to begin to write a paper, as well as the entire aspect of coming to an acceptable conclusion (ie the teacher's thought) in the words of some else about the words of someone else (Why are secondary sources so fascinating? They only tell you about the biases of the intermediary, and next to nothing about the primary source...).

Thinking about trying to find a community college level class on writing this summer, but not sure how helpful that will be? I'm going back to a really small school, no real tutoring or assistance set up, which is daunting (especially as they don't have to be ADA compliant).

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2018, 11:11 am

It might be a good idea to take a summer course. You could also find a tutor to go over your existing essays with to find what could use some improvement. I've taken 1 community college writing course (required course) and found it to be pretty helpful in learning formatting and sentence structure, but some parts were very boring. Good luck.