Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 May 2019, 8:41 pm

In high school I was in special education. I wanted to be in regular classes though. I got to be in quite a lot of regular classes. It was good. I got modifications.

I was in special ed math and learning strategies. I got to take classes like law, religions, American History, African History, Biology, Family Studies, Hard English and Foods. It was awesome.

I love English and reading. I was in a hard class. I got different assignments sometimes though. I didn’t have to present or read out loud. I also didn’t have to take notes. I really loved law. I learned very interesting things. Our final project was a mock trial. I loved that assignment. My group did the best. I was a witness in it. I liked it because I already knew the answers to the questions. It’s one of my favorite things to talk about. Religions was awesome. My teacher was very funny and nice. Foods was also quite awesome.

I had challenges in Biology though. My teacher didn’t really like me.

I sort of liked school to be honest. I didn’t have much friends though. I also was made fun of a lot. I was goth. People were also jealous that I had less homework.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 8:13 am

Were you in AP English?

I was in special schools most of the time, though they had an academic emphasis.

I was made fun of a lot. Even by the special ed kids.

I had no accommodations. The only difference, really, was that there were no “grades” (though our tests were graded like regular school, and we got report cards).

If I misbehaved, I was thrown out of class. Once in a while, they were nice, and told me to “think it over”, rather than punish me.

TazCrystal

06 Jun 2019, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Were you in AP English?

I was in special schools most of the time, though they had an academic emphasis.

I was made fun of a lot. Even by the special ed kids.

I had no accommodations. The only difference, really, was that there were no “grades” (though our tests were graded like regular school, and we got report cards).

If I misbehaved, I was thrown out of class. Once in a while, they were nice, and told me to “think it over”, rather than punish me.

I don't know if I was in AP English or not. I did have less homework though and later due dates than other people in the class. I remember having to read a lot. I did get graded though. I got a 70 something in the class. I did misbehave but I had something in my iep for that. I don't remember what it was though