Trying to decide if I should transfer afterwards

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 7:09 pm

I've completed my 1st of 2 years at community college, so far, maintained a 3.8/3.9ish GPA, and will be the new Treasurer of the Phi Theta Kappa chapter next semester. I was originally planning to get my Associates degree in Accounting and find a job after wards. But now I am thinking about transferring to a university to earn my Bachelor's. I understand that a Bachelor's degree in the accounting field, particularly, opens many more doors than an Associates. And I believe I could do it. My only concerns are:

-cost: I can easily pay for the rest of my 2 year education here (with money I saved from former job) and still have quite a bit sitting in there. But I would definitely need some help paying for Uni. Luckily there is a (very high) chance that my parents will be willing to pitch in.

-worthwhile investment: I would hate to invest more years into an education only to discover, after some time, that I want to go work in/study something else. I am liking accounting so far, and I seem to be picking up on the material more easily than other students, but I'm not crazy about it (then again, I'm not crazy about anything)