Two or more different KINDS of animal 12%  12%  [ 81 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 704

WenchMama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Dec 2009, 4:20 pm

Our family has a -lot- of animals considering the fact that we don't live in a rural area.

We have 3 cats (Shadow, Socks, and Discord), 2 rats (Muffin and Cupcake), 1 cornsnake (MegaByte), 1 Crowntailed Beta (Scarlet), and 2 dogs (Coco and Marshmallow).

The cats, snake, and fish were named by me, my husband and our two older kids... The rats and dogs were named by our 3 1/2 year old Aspie daughter. *grins* Anna has a thing for food substances.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

WenchMama wrote:
Our family has a -lot- of animals considering the fact that we don't live in a rural area.

We have 3 cats (Shadow, Socks, and Discord), 2 rats (Muffin and Cupcake), 1 cornsnake (MegaByte), 1 Crowntailed Beta (Scarlet), and 2 dogs (Coco and Marshmallow).

The cats, snake, and fish were named by me, my husband and our two older kids... The rats and dogs were named by our 3 1/2 year old Aspie daughter. *grins* Anna has a thing for food substances.

LOL'ed at the snake's name.

Let's see... currently we have my cat Sammie, my dog Jake, and my sister's fish. At our old house, we had an entire family of stray cats that would hang around Jake for protection and that we would leave food out for. They never came inside, but they would hang out with us whenever we went out in the backyard. There was Scrappy the tom, Mama, and seven or so of Mama's kittens: Coal, Oreo, and her last litter that she had before we left, which numbered about five. Out of those, the only one I can remember was Roadkill. I named her that because she was calico and had a pair of golden-brown stripes down her back that I swear looked like a road centerline... hence, Roadkill. I'm worried that I might have jinxed her by naming her that, but oh well. At any rate, we couldn't take the cats with us because we didn't have the room, and we wouldn't be able to take care of them at our house in Wyoming. Coal and Oreo we gave to my mom's friend Vanessa, and the negihbor's kids next door took care of the rest until they were able to find homes for them.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

PawsAlmighty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Dec 2009, 6:57 am

two cats here, Paws Almighty the black ninja and Kao K'o Kung the siamese

Mother to 5

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 4:30 pm

MrMark wrote:
Other. I have birds & squirells & rabbits & snakes & deer & oppussom & armardillo & fox & rats & mice & frogs & anole...

AAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!! !! !! !! 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

That is a LOT of pets!! ! Good luck with looking after them all. :)

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 12:43 am

Actually, scratch out my dog Jake on my previous post. We had to put him down today :(

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:08 am

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, my own dog is getting old and I'm dreading the day that she... passes.

I own one Labrador Retriever and a Betta. Both are healthy, but as said, the labrador is almost 10 years old. I can't believe that some people keep Betta's in those... jars where they have to clamp their fins together just to fit in the jar. My fish has a large tank with a heater, filter, plants and a cave to hide in.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 3:10 am

Wow. Umm.. First of all, as far as "normal" pets go, we have two cats and three dogs(a Chihuahua, a Cockapoo, and a Chihuahua-mix). Then i have my creepy-crawlies.. Two Leopard Geckos, an Argentine Black and White Tegu, a Reticulated Python, a Corn Snake, a Columbian Boa Constrictor, and two Tarantulas(a Salmon Pink Birdeater and Chaco Golden Knee).

Here's some pics i took recently:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ics046.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ics087.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ics047.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ics121.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... ics105.jpg

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 3:12 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have a rat terrier named Josie. Her feet smell like popcorn. She is 7 years old.

It's nice to see that i'm not the only one who likes to smell their dogs' feet.. lol.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 1:19 pm

Petstats topic

My two cats feet smell like used cat litter. :eew:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:38 am

I do not own a pet...

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2010, 3:07 pm

We have four cats. Two boys, two girls.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 2:27 am

I have a dog named Oliver but I would suggest that he owns me

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2010, 1:29 pm

I use to have a cat but he's dead now. The worst part of it is my parents refuse to ever get another pet. There's nothing I can do about it because I live in their house so it's their rules. They say to me, "if you want a pet, then move out" knowing I can't afford it nor am I in the position to move out. So I have to go without.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

I have two kittens and a tree frog. I've almost always had pets

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 11:13 pm

There's nothing I can do about it because I live in their house so it's their rules. They say to me, "if you want a pet, then move out" knowing I can't afford it nor am I in the position to move out. So I have to go without.

How :cry:

Not even a bird ?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

None. Do ants count?