Do you play a musical instrument?

Page 5 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes. 39%  39%  [ 228 ]
Yes. 40%  40%  [ 238 ]
No. 10%  10%  [ 59 ]
No. 11%  11%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 590

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 8:17 pm

I can play the piano, guitar, and recorder, though I am average at playing the three.

GCAspies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jun 2013, 5:59 pm

I play handbells

The mission of GCA Centre for Adult Autism:
"Empowering the lives of autistic adults and young adults and their parents/caregivers by serving as a resource center to provide mutual support, information, and activities" in the Southeast USA
http://www.gcaspies.org

2nd Annual Southeast Adult Autism Symposium
- Early Bird online registration starts in late March 2018
- More information can be found at http://www.gcaspies.org/symposiumhomepage

Billuxv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2013, 4:41 am

i play the guitar, penny whistle, xaphoon , autoharp, recorder. learning the dizi flute violin , clarinette , keyboard, harmonica

glow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 4:46 pm

I took music even know my skills were a bit edgy.
I played the piano and sung in a composition for my gcses, but I failed on my average predicted grades, which was a c, and I got a g.
In all fairness, I tried, and I tried hard, I liked music and still do, although my passion for playing expressively has all but gone now. I liked my music teacher, mr sedgewick, as he saw good potential in me, I did actually practice the Bournville concerto, and did well, but my final music compostion was heal the world I think, which was long and split into many parts, and I got a bit lost, considering also that the person I elected to help sing it, as I had to show I could play an instrument got short shrift with me, (because she could play piano) and thus both failed on tape.
However, I was chosen to sing soprano in my choir class I participated in at school.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 12:05 am

I am a true virtuoso on the celtic harp. Right on!

Just kidding. I suck at it and I should never make an attempt to play on a harp again. Ever.
These things are simply too huge for me.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:33 pm

I ''played'' the electric keyboard

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:46 pm

I can play an empty beer bottle pretty well. HOOT! Image

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2013, 6:27 pm

Violin.

The results of the poll may be skewed since non-instrumentalists are less likely to view this topic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm

wbport wrote:
Violin.

The results of the poll may be skewed since non-instrumentalists are less likely to view this topic.

less likely but still as likely to be aware of as anything on WP. I think it is a wash.

Kabu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm

Nope... don't come from the right kind of family... where it's just normal that you learn an instrument because everybody does. Wish I could... but it's not the same as an adult IMO.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2013, 7:49 pm

there are people with musical genes [come from a musical familial lineage] and those sans musical genes, and NEVER the twain shall meet.

Kabu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2013, 3:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
there are people with musical genes [come from a musical familial lineage] and those sans musical genes, and NEVER the twain shall meet.

Yeah... maybe I'm really not able to ever learn one... maybe I actually am from a worth for nothing family. Thanks for reminding :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 9:15 pm

Kabu wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yeah... maybe I'm really not able to ever learn one... maybe I actually am from a worth for nothing family. Thanks for reminding :wink:

i'd rather be from a world-saving family than merely a musically talented one. good musicians are a dime a dozen but humanitarians are rare birds indeed.

Kabu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2013, 2:20 am

Honestly, I don't think that people are born as something at all. Neither as musicians nor with any other talents. Talent is just a poor excuse for not pushing yourself or others to the top. A great excuse for laziness, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 2:22 am

Kabu wrote:
Honestly, I don't think that people are born as something at all. Neither as musicians nor with any other talents. Talent is just a poor excuse for not pushing yourself or others to the top. A great excuse for laziness, too.

NOT. there are people born without the ability to discern pitch. one cannot expect such people to just "jerk themselves up by their own bootstraps" and become that which they are not [musicians].

Harrison54
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Aug 2013, 2:36 am

I was always a singer, joined the choir when I was 10 and took singing lessons in my teens. Never got into instruments until I hit my 40's and now play the didje, Native American flute, acoustic guitar and some hand drums. I still don't have the confidence to play in front of anyone :oops: