Others (Pl. specify) 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Multiracial (Pl. specify) 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Multiracial (Pl. specify) 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 327

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 2:23 am

Mongoloid - People from East Asia and South-East Asia.
Brown - People from South Asia, Middle East and North Africa (non-black).

Add the country if you want.

I am brown (India).

Labrat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2011, 3:46 am

I am human and I don't care what pigeon hole a racist would put me in.

There is no biological reason at all to distinguish between human "races". Humanity as a whole has less genetic variety than some species have in a local population.

Apart from colour there is no real difference between human populations, and colour is an (epigenetic) adaptation to local climate.

The reason you think that "races" look so different is that the human brain has evolved to observe small differences in humans so it can identify them. During early development the brain trains on the faces directly around it, that is why people from other populations look so different to you. This is also why prosopagnosia (inability to recognize faces) can exist.

I could have a similar rant on the crudeness of our male/female differentiation.

Who cares about such things? In the end we are all just glorified apes clinging to a dirt-ball hurtling uncontrolled to an uncaring universe. If we don;t look after each other nothing else will and trying to create sub-groups only alienates and feeds discrimination.
[/soapbox]

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:55 am

There is no biological difference between NTs and aspies. Then why are you on WrongPlanet?
There is no biological difference between hair colors. Then why are you feeding discrimination?
Everyone here on WP can rant twice as good as you.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 6:49 am

So does that mean if you're Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Malaysian you can quite legitimately call them 'mongs'? Although that really isn't very nice.

I'm white English (I would say British but I'll put English there just to spite those who don't recognise Englishness as a nationality).

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 7:49 am

Well I'm a huboon, baby I'm a cross between a human and an ape.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 8:48 am

Tequila wrote:
So does that mean if you're Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Malaysian you can quite legitimately call them 'mongs'? Although that really isn't very nice.

I'm white English (I would say British but I'll put English there just to spite those who don't recognise Englishness as a nationality).

I should have actually asked for suggestions on that. Asian would be technically incorrect, and yellow I find more offensive than Mongoloid. Honestly, what do you think I should have put?

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

I refuse to answer any and all race questions. It is a matter of principle, we are all human.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

jackbus01 wrote:
I refuse to answer any and all race questions. It is a matter of principle, we are all human.

I take it you're white?

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 9:18 am

Tequila wrote:
jackbus01 wrote:

I take it you're white?

Why the assumption? I just think that most racial issues can be redefined as cultural issues. Also biologically it has been proven that people are pretty much all the same. I think the concept of races in humans is nonsense, it also has changed throughout history.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Labrat wrote:
I am human and I don't care what pigeon hole a racist would put me in.

There is no biological reason at all to distinguish between human "races". Humanity as a whole has less genetic variety than some species have in a local population.

Apart from colour there is no real difference between human populations, and colour is an (epigenetic) adaptation to local climate.

The reason you think that "races" look so different is that the human brain has evolved to observe small differences in humans so it can identify them. During early development the brain trains on the faces directly around it, that is why people from other populations look so different to you. This is also why prosopagnosia (inability to recognize faces) can exist.

I could have a similar rant on the crudeness of our male/female differentiation.

Who cares about such things? In the end we are all just glorified apes clinging to a dirt-ball hurtling uncontrolled to an uncaring universe. If we don;t look after each other nothing else will and trying to create sub-groups only alienates and feeds discrimination.
[/soapbox]

Yes, this exactly. I was about to post some long-winded explanation, but you did it for me. Yes, this does nothing but artifically alienates and feeds discrimation. I look forward to the day when we are race-blind.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

Why are people so worked up here? Why do they think this thread is racist? I started it more like a demographic mini-survey of WP forums. Like which country are you from or something. Would you oppose the race question in your country's census survey so heatedly? I don't think so. I can't believe I'm saying this to 40-yr olds, but, grow up guys.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

Dhawal wrote:
Why are people so worked up here? Why do they think this thread is racist?

I do not think you or the thread is racist.

Dhawal wrote:
I started it more like a demographic mini-survey of WP forums. Like which country are you from or something. Would you oppose the race question in your country's census survey so heatedly?

Yes, I do. I refused to answer that question on both the 2000 and 2010 US census forms.

Dhawal wrote:
I don't think so. I can't believe I'm saying this to 40-yr olds, but, grow up guys.

I just feel like the concept of race is wrong. The descriptions also vary depending on what country you are from.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

I'm a white United Statesian.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Dhawal wrote:
Why are people so worked up here? Why do they think this thread is racist? I started it more like a demographic mini-survey of WP forums. Like which country are you from or something. Would you oppose the race question in your country's census survey so heatedly? I don't think so. I can't believe I'm saying this to 40-yr olds, but, grow up guys.

No worries. Some folks are so touchy that they think even mentioning cosmetic differences between ethnic groups to be racist. For instance, such a person might consider the statement, "Many indigenous Africans have curly hair, while many indigenous northern Europeans do not" to be a racist one.

:roll:

As for your OP question: Solomani (pure-strain Soli)

Namaste!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

Descartes wrote:
I'm a white United Statesian.

Thanks for voting :)

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
No worries. Some folks are so touchy that they think even mentioning cosmetic differences between ethnic groups to be racist. For instance, such a person might consider the statement, "Many indigenous Africans have curly hair, while many indigenous northern Europeans do not" to be a racist one.

:roll:

As for your OP question: Solomani (pure-strain Soli)

Namaste!

Namaste to you Fnord!
Unfortunately I'm not as geographically aware as you, so I don't know exactly what Solomani or Soli is. Google is not much help either. Some enlightenment?