Never apply to crap employers...ever

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2018, 4:31 pm

As the title says, don't waste your time with BS and crappy employers on a job search. If a place is constantly having "Now Hiring" signs out front chances are there's a good reason why they do if they are even serious on hiring anyone. Many places want someone who they can abuse and treat like crap for a garbage salary and then throw them out when it's convenient. An honest employer doesn't have to trick or mislead job applicants nor do they have the time to stumble and fool around with their own internal red tape and ridiculous rules.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 4:52 am

For some people it's not always possible to not take a job they have a chance of getting even if they know it won't be so nice.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 May 2018, 7:30 am

Fireblossom wrote:
For some people it's not always possible to not take a job they have a chance of getting even if they know it won't be so nice.
That's true for me. I have physical & mental disabilities besides my Aspergers that really limit me with employment. I've worked for some bad companies to work for but I needed the job & I didn't mind the job that much at 1st. It was after they became short-handed that I started having problems. I eventually quit both of em & I'm glad I quit when I did but I think working at those places was the rite choice for me in the beginning.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:54 am

But thats the thing, i have tried to go in to such places that have posters on their shop window/door asking that you either apply online or hand in CV, i just get the impression they don't like the look of me, hand my cv in and they'll probably just shred it as soon as i leave without even giving it a read.

Minus the mental health issues that I have that might impact how I work if get into the job, I still have to contend with people who make the extra effort to look good and in todays society, meaning sparkly white teeth, dazzling smile, styled hair, and many things you'd expect at a fashion show. Plus if it's bar / waiting staff type jobs, i won't last a day in because it's typically noisy especially in the area I would have to work. So that and social anxiety, lack of interpersonal skills, stammering, you'd have to be an idiot if you think i'll be great in that line of work.

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 May 2018, 9:09 am

nick007 wrote:
Fireblossom wrote:
That's true for me. I have physical & mental disabilities besides my Aspergers that really limit me with employment. I've worked for some bad companies to work for but I needed the job & I didn't mind the job that much at 1st. It was after they became short-handed that I started having problems. I eventually quit both of em & I'm glad I quit when I did but I think working at those places was the rite choice for me in the beginning.

You are correct in this instance given your circumstances. Everyone's situation is different but if you can get something better I'd definetely take it. It's scary that there are so many bad employers out there.