Page 3 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 1:48 pm

No they dont they want me to move out. Doesnt matter if job or not. And what dofference dkes it make if i live by my parents anyway? I would still not be independent.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 1:52 pm

Should i try to get disability benefits? Otherwise i will end up on the streets, without them.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 1:56 pm

Your initial post reads like your parents will kick you out if you don't get a job.

Would you please discuss this with your parents and get clarification.ask them, "if I get a job am I allowed to live here?"

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 2:21 pm

Im probably unable to work anyway so i would need benefits. Or just live by my parents till they die. But i dont think they will be happy about that.

Lil_miss_lois
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Nov 2018, 2:27 pm

How are you unable to work?
You're right here using a computer to write on an online forum.
You could work in online customer care. Them live chat things.
What qualifications does a shelfstacker need?
You'd rather live on the streets than even apply for a job?

I think it would benefit you to put a poll on here to find out how many people are autistic and capable of holding down a job.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:33 pm

Lil_miss_lois wrote:
... I think it would benefit you to put a poll on here to find out how many people are autistic and capable of holding down a job.
Ooo! Lemme do it! I'm good at constructing polls!

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 2:34 pm

Probably very few. And if i cant work full time i will end up homeless, even with one part time job.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:36 pm

Oh, wait ... I already did. Link to Employment Poll

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:38 pm

You say your parents will kick you out if you don't get a job, so go find one. It doesn't matter what kind of job it is, if you can do the job, apply. Not liking to work is not an excuse to not work. Lot of people don't like their jobs nor do they want to work but they have to to make a living. Even if it pays minimum wage or if it's part time, at least you still got a job. You live at home so it wouldn't matter what job you get and lot of people get assistance and work minimum wage and they are not disabled. There are affordable housing and section 8 and food stamps and healthcare for kids, WIC, TANF, food drives, etc. For us disabled people, we have SSI and SSDI and you can still work while on it.

You didn't specify what kind of job your parents want you to get and how many hours they want you to work and if they want you to move out or not so I assume they only want you to have a job and that is it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 2:42 pm

Well you cant live on part time jobs, can you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:46 pm

Fos11 wrote:
I worked three part-time jobs to put myself through university. I ate a lot of Ramen, but the end results were worth it.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 2:49 pm

I mean of one part time job. Only eating ramen can get you scurvy.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:52 pm

If the OP doesn't have a car, I'm not sure how this is going to work unless they have access to public transportation or their parents are willing to drive them. Or if maybe they can ride a bike if close enough to town? That'll still suck in the winter though.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fos11 wrote:
I worked three part-time jobs to put myself through university. I ate a lot of Ramen, but the end results were worth it.

Yeah. I've had to do that too. My first cleaning job got me into the working world. I still lived with my parents. I did manage to find an apartment on my own with my second part time job. It was tiny, but I made it work. I cooked a lot of lentils and chickpeas to get by. I made vegetable soup and pasta salad for lunch. Oatmeal for breakfast and cheap fruit, nuts and veg for snacks.

Third part time job I had after that I wanted to move to a new area so I Got a job in a town further away and moved in with a girl I hardly knew. We lived together for 3 or 4 years.

Fos11
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2018, 2:55 pm

Why not one full time job?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2018, 2:58 pm

Fos11 wrote:
Why not one full time job?

I do think fnord meant he had part time work on 3 separate occasions as did I.

Edit... unless he couldn't get 1 sinlge job that fit around studies and needed 3 to make ends meet.

I did that at college. Had 2 PT jobs because I could get one that fit perfectly around me college.