FINALLY something I am qualified for

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 4:32 pm

Last week I got offered a job at Pep Boys. I will be working the parts counter, part time, 20 hours a week. The shift is 5-9 and the pay is 8.35 an hour. I actually went to the Job Corps and have training in this field. And at this particular Pep Boys store, if I act even slightly sociable, I will be ahead. Plus not to mention the discount on parts for my car... :D

DogDaySunrise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Aug 2010, 6:30 pm

Congratulations, nice one :lol:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:59 pm

Congratulations! Settings like this can be good for learning social interaction.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 8:12 pm

Yeah, although I am used to social interaction, I think I would be more comfortable in this situation, as people are already coming in for something, as opposed to appliance sales, where you have CONVINCE someone to buy something...

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2010, 2:36 am

That's great! Congratulations! I found working in retail really helped me develop my social skills.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:26 pm

UPDATE: I did not get that job due to the fact that when I worked there 12 years ago, the manager put me down as do not rehire for some reason, which I cannot remember. I did however get a job working at a mobile, 18 wheeler pressure washing business for 300 a week. Saturdays and Sundays only, but 10 hours each day.