Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Speedy88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm

Im 19 years old, I dont have any degree or studied anything at all, and Im looking for a simple and easy job which doesn't require much in terms of degrees or experience.

Any recommendations?

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 11:56 pm

Speedy88 wrote:
Im 19 years old, I dont have any degree or studied anything at all, and Im looking for a simple and easy job which doesn't require much in terms of degrees or experience.

Any recommendations?

Car wash. If you last more than 6 months, the owner (or manager) will teach you how to detail cars. That is when you can make more cash.

Cleaning offices. Once you have a routine down, it can go fairly quick.

HTH

*Get in. Shut up. HANG ON!*

Speedy88

31 Dec 2012, 12:06 am

Tawaki wrote:
Speedy88 wrote:

Any recommendations?

Car wash. If you last more than 6 months, the owner (or manager) will teach you how to detail cars. That is when you can make more cash.

Cleaning offices. Once you have a routine down, it can go fairly quick.

HTH

*Get in. Shut up. HANG ON!*

Cleaning and car washing eh? Both sounds good, thanks man.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:39 am

There's also lots of grocery/retail store jobs raging from cashier (if you can handle the people) to night stock (for the least people.)

Night watchman is great for lots of reading time and little human contact...

My very first real job was a bagger at a grocery store. :D

Do you have any school or career plans though? Starting at the very bottom IN THE INDUSTRY YOU WANT is still a better choice than something marginally better now. Sweeping the floor of the garage you want to work in, for example.

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2012, 3:48 pm

Like BluxMax already pointed out, working as a stock clerk during the night shift is a good job if you prefer working alone.

Some other jobs are night auditor for a hotel, shipper-receiver and data entry clerk. All three only require a high school diploma and little to no experience to get started. Of those three, shipper-receiver pays the most but some shipper-receiver jobs will require you to have a fork lift license.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 4:19 pm

Military or construction are good choices if you don't want to further your education...neither is easy but they're stable jobs with good pay. If you're willing to get any additional training you could go into some of the equipment tech branches of medicine, extremely good pay and the jobs are really easy/non-stressful. A lot of them take like a 1-2 year training course that you have to pass.

Other than that, waiter can be a good job if you manage to get in at an upscale restaurant and know what you're doing. The same goes for chef!

StitchehVee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jan 2013, 3:24 pm

Retail is great. I can see a male on the spectrum doing stocking. I am a female and I excelled in the fitting room. I worked at a beach store and I was the main fitting room attendant.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 4:49 pm

I personally wouldn't recommend retail. You work like a dog and will pretty much never have the chance to make decent money, unless you are REALLY good and get into a really high-end store. I used to work with some people who had been in retail for 30 years, and they were only making $13 an hour, you can live on those wages but you won't have much, if anything, left overfor savings/emergencies.

StitchehVee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jan 2013, 11:49 pm

I would only work 20 hours a week though. Right now I get SSI so if I worked there again for 20 hours a week I'd be fine.