Mercenaries / Paramilitary operatives with Asperger's

Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 10:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I don't believe I could so readily ventilate another person with sharp piercing objects.

Well, it depends on who the person / victim is. If the dead person is a rebel militiaman part of a rebel militia slaughtering innocent civilians in Africa or an Islamic militant that's a member of an insurgent faction in the Middle East, well then it's quite obvious that those types of people don't just deserve to die, they had what was coming to them.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"depends on what they did" sounds to me like playing god, which is something I dare not do.

Oh, I dare do it! So if somebody said to you "I'll give you ten grand to kill this child molester" and the guy really was a child molester, and they put the untraceable gun in your hand, and you could do it and get away with it, you wouldn't??

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 10:58 pm

Plus, if decent people don't play God first, then some as*hole is going to come right behind them and play God instead. Which one would you rather have playing God, cause in this world somebody is always gonna.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 11:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"depends on what they did" sounds to me like playing god, which is something I dare not do.

Not necessarily. Remember, the people that are actually going out there and doing the work are just employees, soldiers doing as they're told. With that being said, the ultimate authority is not the employee, but the employer. The employer is actually the person giving the orders, the person telling everyone else what to do. The employer requires that everyone below him that answers to him and reports to him must follow his orders.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:02 pm

much evil perpetrated in this world, is justified with the phrase, "I was only following orders."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:06 pm

AutisticAmerican24 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not necessarily. Remember, the people that are actually going out there and doing the work are just employees, soldiers doing as they're told. With that being said, the ultimate authority is not the employee, but the employer. The employer is actually the person giving the orders, the person telling everyone else what to do. The employer requires that everyone below him that answers to him and reports to him must follow his orders.

Right, and you get to choose which jobs you take too. So you wouldn't have to take a job where they hire you to break into the Vatican and steal all the stuff there, you could do something much nicer like go to the Middle East and kidnap back the children that were kidnaped by the noncustodial parent and taken there. Or you could off the child molester that just got out of prison after only serving 2 years. You could choose what to do based on your own moral code, you don't have to do just anything, like in the actual military.

When I was much younger I used to dream about putting an ad in SOF magazine, or at least working with a front man who had one there so I wouldn't have to screen them for cops trying to bust people with ads there.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
much evil perpetrated in this world, is justified with the phrase, "I was only following orders."

Like I said, it depends on who is being killed. If they're Islamic insurgents, then, yes they deserve to die, whether it be sooner or later. But politicians, government officials and civilians, not so much.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:

It also depends on what your definition of evil is. Sometimes, something that may look like evil to someone else may be exactly what the person deserved. In that case you aren't evil, you are just karma.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 11:16 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Right, and you get to choose which jobs you take too. So you wouldn't have to take a job where they hire you to break into the Vatican and steal all the stuff there, you could do something much nicer like go to the Middle East and kidnap back the children that were kidnaped by the noncustodial parent and taken there. Or you could off the child molester that just got out of prison after only serving 2 years. You could choose what to do based on your own moral code, you don't have to do just anything, like in the actual military.

When I was much younger I used to dream about putting an ad in SOF magazine, or at least working with a front man who had one there so I wouldn't have to screen them for cops trying to bust people with ads there.

Well, I wouldn't say that they'll actually go out there and kill child molesters and people who've taken unauthorized custody of their kids. Those types of things seem a little low grade and a little out of their jurisdiction for mercenaries with Asperger's.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:18 pm

Unless you are talking about a private army, from what I understand mercenaries are simply hired guns.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 11:32 pm

But they're a private army with a moral code. They have a strong, strict and a extensive moral and ethical code due to their Asperger's : We wouldn't slaughter innocent civilians, and we also won't be psychotic / psychopathic / sociopathic, we won't take pleasure in killing or hurting other people or think that doing these types of things is fun and we certainly won't be racist or anti-religious. We don't have any beliefs, except that for the fact that we won't accept female candidates / applicants. Mercenaries with Asperger's would also be better trained, better equipped, better financed, better armed and better informed and a more wider and more diverse selection of land, sea, and air vehicles, helicopters and aircraft than the police, intelligence agencies, and the military.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 11:36 pm

Then we are thinking of two totally different types of mercenaries. I'm thinking of the individual types. That would be my preference if I were to ever do anything like that. Kind of like a high tension private detective or a non mafia hit man. I'd prefer to do something with more investigative work to it though.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2013, 11:50 pm

Well, I'm fairly certain that mercenaries need to have a keen, watchful eye, make useful observations and have a analytical mind while following their orders and carrying out their assignments, but I don't know. Don't become pissed or mad at me or anything like that but those types of things that you're suggesting still seem out of character for mercenaries, especially for mercenaries with Asperger's.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm

What's your response ?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2013, 3:13 pm

Well crap, I typed something, I remember typing it but it didn't come through. I can't remember exactly what I said now, but when it comes back to me I'll come retype it.

AutisticAmerican24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

Is there anyone here with Asperger's familiar with firearms / guns that is currently in the military or is a police officer ?