Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 9:10 pm

What if I get a job where I have to move... What can I do...

When I got work in Ohio years ago, I rented a room in an apartment for $300 dollars a month... Maybe... Then when I can afford it get a whole apartment, lol!

Ugghhh, then there is the fact I still have a lease in this apartment that is not up until the end of next February...

I just need suggestions...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 10:19 pm

About 50 years ago, I was sent to work in Northern California for a year. I maintained my apartment and then rented another apartment near where I worked remotely.

Sometimes an apartment owner will allow you to break a lease. This is especially true if the apartment is in demand and the vacancy can be filled promptly.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:43 pm

Angnix wrote:
a lease in this apartment that is not up until the end of next February...

I just need suggestions...

It's worth touching base with the owner. Sometimes landlords want to sell a property but the tenant has some time to go on their secure lease. Where I am in Australia resi leases are typically 6 or 12 months and properties are worth more at sale if there's vacant possession. I once had a tenant who spoke to my RE agent saying they wanted to break their lease and leave early. Their house was on a block I had just subdivided from the adjoining house and I was waiting for their lease to end so I could sell it. The RE agent spoke with me about it and I was happy to arrange with them to terminate the lease early by mutual agreement. They got to leave early without penalty and I got to paint and recarpet the house within 2 weeks and had it straight on the market. Win-Win.