Just got a job that I am not qualified for

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2017, 1:41 pm

Could you use your tutoring experience on a resume / job application? And in general, I think you want to present yourself as a good student, which it sounds like you are :D , without going overboard or bragging about it.

couldntthinkofagoodname
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2017, 2:24 pm

I don't know if this helps but I put on an act. I tell myself I'm pretending to be normal and the reality is the customer doesn't care about me personally so I don't care what they think of me in terms of my quirkiness. Some days I can do it, some days I can't but I am getting better.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Dec 2017, 1:08 am

ScarletIbis wrote:
I know it’s not forever. Thank goodness for that! I just have to hold the job long enough to put the down payment on a used car (around $1000). I don’t mean that once I make the money I am just going to stop trying my best, I just mean I REALLY have to keep the job until that point. If I do get fired, I will at least have a previous employer box to fill out on future applications (definitely gonna be all retail). Even if my ‘reason for leaving this job’ response isn’t the greatest, I will still look better to an employer than ‘17 and never had a job’. At least that is what I think, I am new to this whole thing so I wouldn’t know. My logic tells me mediocre experience is better than no experience, but I don’t really know.

My first job was typing. It was awful. But what I learned there opened doors on every new job. Before that, I think you'll find the work easier as it becomes habitual. Reason for leaving last job: Money. Always.