Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 11:29 am

Gotta be quiet.

Was working yesterday eve in a building that only allows work to be done 9-4 m-f. The owner of the condo was there. Some delivery driver arrived to deliver boxes of tiles. He wasn't making excessive noise or anything but the old woman from downstairs came up to complain that he was getting a delivery at this hour and this is ridiculous she's trying to sleep and she's taking it to strata. :roll: :roll: :roll: It was 7:20pm. Not 11:30 or something. My trade is nearly silent for most things, so I carried on a bit until 9 - no complaints.

Today I'm starting with garbage removal with my brother in law I'm about to go pick up from the train.. because I need all the scrap flooring and appliances out of my way to work and the scrap removal guys never showed up for 5 days in a row so the owner was going to contract some craigslist guy to do it. I asked what they were charging ($650 - 2 trips, 3rd floor no elevator) and told him I have a truck I'll make a couple trips to the dump. But we gotta be ninja quiet about it all so we don't make waves with the cranky folks in the building. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Theennnn after that's done I can freely move around the place and do my trade and see if I can still make his painting deadline - if not, ah well, push the deadline.. my start date got pushed 2 days sooo them's the breaks; it's a cold snap and my art is going to take a little extra time to dry I Think. But I have other things to do this week so maybe with some fast setting material blends, heaters and fans I can pull it off still and move on. Time will tell - but I won't say anything.. gotta be quiet. :p

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm

Good thing I didn’t accept any less money for it. Dump fees were high.. something like 3800lbs worth over 3 trips. Was a lot to carry down the stairs.

No one complained about any noise or mess etc but some bitchy old man in the parking lot whined and complained that we had the stairwell door propped open. It’s not even attached to the building as there are no hallways just exterior courtyard.

Was irritating.. I mean you can’t be serious - 2 guys hand bombing 3800 lbs of renovation scrap down 3 storeys of stairs quietly and you’ve gotta find something to b***h about? Gtfouttahe’e. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 2:54 am

For some oldsters and others , all you gotta do is be there... :mrgreen: :| :wink: :roll: ..
Figure gotta have sonething to complain to anyone about ..all you gotta do is be there .......
And you .. . young , whippersnapper...! There is a Artic blast coming down from the North.....! Nag..nag..nagg..!
Could be worse? , could be in the midwest at 8 degrees F daytime..-2 F ,nighttime temperatures. :ninja: go figure.. :shrug: :wall: :wall:

where ever you go ,there you are