Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

FrostBender
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2024, 11:35 am

I need a higher-paying job to get out of my parents house and be able to be independent. I am not smart enough for traditional high paying jobs. I’m wondering if I could handle a “dirty job” (long hours, extreme conditions, grunt work) since they typically don’t require many skills and they pay a lot since most people don’t want to do them.

I figured a job like that could make me physically stronger, which would help me attract beautiful (NT preferably) women. And it would improve my confidence

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 4:03 pm

FrostBender wrote:
I need a higher-paying job to get out of my parents house and be able to be independent. I am not smart enough for traditional high paying jobs. I’m wondering if I could handle a “dirty job” (long hours, extreme conditions, grunt work) since they typically don’t require many skills and they pay a lot since most people don’t want to do them.

I figured a job like that could make me physically stronger, which would help me attract beautiful (NT preferably) women. And it would improve my confidence

Being a roughneck in the oilfields of Texas could be just what you need.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 4:04 pm

FrostBender wrote:

You could be a roughneck in the oilfield.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 4:42 pm

Watch the TV show Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe.

https://youtu.be/cmbXQ91qqMg?si=by8p_dxTDBZ-TEO_

https://youtu.be/Ie6aw5msFBE?si=Xj2kl45N8fUqotyt

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 4:44 pm

Apparently demolishing... things can be quite lucrative.

Not people of course, more so buildings and the like.

There are lots of dirty jobs out there.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 5:26 pm

I like men who get their hands dirty.

FrostBender
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2024, 6:40 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Sounds interesting, but I'd have to save up money to get a plane ticket to Texas

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2024, 7:34 pm

FrostBender wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Sounds interesting, but I'd have to save up money to get a plane ticket to Texas

Ya I would not let that get in the way if you can help it because I think you could easily make 6 figures.Texas is not the only place with oilfield activity.There's also Louisiana, Oklahoma,Alaska,North Dakota,New Mexico and maybe other places in the US.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 12:23 am

The railroads brought in Chinese immigrants to blast tunnels through mountains.
Nobody else would do that that sort of work!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 7:34 am

I did dirty jobs all my life. The best was working for a property management company and cleaning out apartments and making them ready to rent for the next tenant. I got a high wage with no benefits, worked long hard hours in slums, scary neighborhoods, filthy sordid and truly disgusting conditions, but also worked independently, without co workers, and also worked in what seemed like palaces to me. Cleaning private dorms, frat houses, and student housing was as bad as many of the slums... but overall, it worked for me, I have only a HS education, but my reputation as a hard worker and my reliablity, no drug use or other problems got me a job whenever I needed one.
build a good reputation for the work you do, regardless of what the jobs are.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson